Author Topic: Charlie Dearing  (Read 3459 times)

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
Charlie Dearing
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:35 pm »
Can someone tell me Charlie's web site to buy some of his patterns.  After seening what he did for that young man that passed away, I want to support Charlie as much as possible.  Thanks in advance.

gene
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:44:31 pm by geneVG »
Gene Van Grevenhof

Waddawood

Re: Charlie Dearing
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:24 pm »
Thanks for the interest.  I couldn't afford to keep a website, but I have two options.  One for facebook users and one for those who don't use facebook.  If you use facebook, you can see them at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.284226551614661.60167.274450619258921&type=3

If you DON'T use facebook then go to the following two links:

$10 patterns: http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/artistic_cowboy30/10%20dollar%20patterns%20for%20sale/

$7 patterns: http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/artistic_cowboy30/Patterns%20for%20sale%207%20dollars%20each/

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »
Thanks Charlie.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

jayhuck1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
Charlie how do you accept payment? Are the patterns emailed? I am intersted in 2 of your patterns now and more in the future. You do outstanding work for sure. The 2 patterns I want are the Cliff Burton and the Metallica portrait I think you have them listed as S-8 and S-59. Thank you

boxmaker

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58:20 pm »

Great question Gene.

Thank you Charlie.

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »
Hey Charlie, I know this is a dumb question, but how do you order on these sits?  I have two I want to order but can't figure it out.  Old age I think.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Mainewoods

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:04 am »
Hey guys!  Buying from Charlie is  a little different, but not difficult.  You'll need to go through Paypal and send a payment to artistic_cowboy30@yahoo.com under the "Send Payment" tab on Paypal.  When you do that, there's a place to include a message where you can tell Charlie which patterns you're wanting and the email address to send them too.  The files he'll send are good sized, so make sure your email server allows files of at least 1 Mb in size.  Not usually a problem, but some of the free email services limit what you can get.  When I purchased from him, I had the patterns in my inbox within a couple hours.

Hope this helps,

Glen

Waddawood

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:01:52 pm »
Thanks for answering that for me "Mainewood".  Yes, just make sure you put the letter-number combination of each pattern you want in the description field of your paypal payment.  Pay attention to which album ($7 or $10) you're ordering from when tallying the final amount.  I'm afraid facebook and those photobucket links are all I have for showing my patterns and for their purchase :(
I appreciate the interest.  Patterns are emailed, not postal mailed.

jayhuck1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »
Got them Charlie thanks alot they look great...What wood do you suggest?

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 08:04:10 pm »
I took a look at some of your patterns Charlie.  IMPRESSED!!

But it raises a question - what are the dimensions of your patterns.  For example, the NA-32 appears to be a fairly good size pattern, but what size does it print out to?

P-31 looks like one I would enjoy, again, what size is it?  What size of wood would I need?

Thanks for taking a couple minutes to answer, I may be ordering after I get some information.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »
I must be blind.  I click on the link I want, the $7.00 on, and there is nothing there about paypal or anything about where to buy them.  When I click on one thing all it ask me to do is sign up for photobucket.  HELP!!!!!!!

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Mainewoods

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »
Gene, You have to go to Paypal and send the money to Charlie at the address I posted earlier.  There are no links to purchasing any of his patterns.  Look through Charlie's patterns, write down which patterns you want to buy (i.e. A-27, C-4 etc.) and then when you get into paypal, enter those pattern numbers into the comment section so Charlie knows which ones you're purchasing.  Also pay attention to which pattern section you're looking at, the $7 patterns or the  $10 patterns.  Make sure to look at both the facebook patterns and the photobucket patterns as I'm not sure the available patterns are reflected equally between the two pages, although I've been know to be mistaken. 

Mainewoods

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 10:09:56 pm »
Gene, did you have any luck purchasing from Charlie?

Waddawood

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:22 pm »
I took a look at some of your patterns Charlie.  IMPRESSED!!

But it raises a question - what are the dimensions of your patterns.  For example, the NA-32 appears to be a fairly good size pattern, but what size does it print out to?

P-31 looks like one I would enjoy, again, what size is it?  What size of wood would I need?

Thanks for taking a couple minutes to answer, I may be ordering after I get some information.

Al

Thanks Al.  I scan my patterns in at 300 DPI (dots per inch) on a scanner.  They can be resized in most graphics programs or by going to rapidresizer.com      You can choose the size of the pattern on your own by going to that site or a program.  after purchasing it.  Just know that high detail can be almost impossible if done too small.  Choose the size of your wood based on how big you want the finished piece to be. 

Waddawood

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »
I must be blind.  I click on the link I want, the $7.00 on, and there is nothing there about paypal or anything about where to buy them.  When I click on one thing all it ask me to do is sign up for photobucket.  HELP!!!!!!!

gene

Gene, you probably clicked on the first link that was for people who use facebook.  If you don't use facebook then ya wont be able to see it.  That's why I posted the other two links below it...for my photobucket page that shows $7 patterns in one album and $10 patterns in another ;)

SMF

Teknoromi