Author Topic: Royalty Free Patterns  (Read 3392 times)

SamCec

Royalty Free Patterns
« on: October 21, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »
I am one of these people that have trouble drawing a straight line between two points. I have very little artistic capabilities and therefore, need to rely on others for their artistic talents.

I've tried using "Google" to find some descent sites. Can you suggest some good sites to find "royalty free" scroll saw patterns? I would prefer "vector" drawings but any will do. I am not into making bowls, boxes, or anything like that. Maybe the best way to describe what I need is "silhouette" patterns of animals, sporting objects (football, baseball, golf club,etc.) and others.

Thanks,
Sam

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Royalty Free Patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:35 pm »
Sam...I found a fair amount of silhouettes using the search terms....

'images, silhouettes'
'images, clipart, silhouettes'

Also try 'scrollsaw patterns, silhouettes, free'

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:37:23 pm »
You beat me to it GB, think you got it covered.
David

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »
another feature of searching google is changing the type of image it gives as the result.
If you do an image search for something say pumpkins for example (it is halloween), the default results give lots of cool color images of pumpkins. On the left hand side of the page there is a section that lets you choose the size of the images, and below that you can choose the type of images (Any type, Face, Photo, Clip art, Line drawing)
With the pumpkin example "Face" is a little creepy but mostly faces in the images. Photo is primarly actual photos. Clip Art produces a variety of clip art images. "line drawing" gives a bunch of black and white pumpkin images.
I find that using the line drawings can be very helpful at times.

MrsN

Offline paul44224

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:47:59 am »
Sam, also join up with http://free4allscrollsawpatterns.com It's another forum, and has lots of patterns, with quite a few of what you are looking for. Like here, there are some great people there.

Paul

juvy

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 05:47:04 am »
One other thing I do to find a bigger variety of images is using other english spellings or even another language.
Like when I look for colouring pictures.... I get lots more when I use the US spelling without the "u", often google will already look for either spelling. When I ask for "malvorlage" in german I get really different ones.  You can use a translator like Babylon to find more!

Juvy

SamCec

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 07:02:39 am »
Good Idea. Never thought of doing that.

Thanks,
Sam

Hawk26

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:48:20 am »
I am one of these people that have trouble drawing a straight line between two points. I have very little artistic capabilities and therefore, need to rely on others for their artistic talents.

I've tried using "Google" to find some descent sites. Can you suggest some good sites to find "royalty free" scroll saw patterns? I would prefer "vector" drawings but any will do. I am not into making bowls, boxes, or anything like that. Maybe the best way to describe what I need is "silhouette" patterns of animals, sporting objects (football, baseball, golf club,etc.) and others.

Thanks,

Sam

Hiya Sam,
              Have a look at this, there are hundreds of clipart images that are free to use. http://www.arthursclipart.org/

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:11:04 am »
Hawk...I couldn't get any of the links to work at that site.
Is it still up and running?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SamCec

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:41 am »
Hawk:

I had the same problem as GrayBeard.

Sam

Hawk26

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 02:01:13 pm »

~~~GB~~~

I just clicked on the link and it opened up the website, further down the page it gave this link http://www.arthursclipart.org/index%20comp.htm which I opened and there are hundreds of clip art images. Sorry you are having problems. I'm in England but I would not imagine that it is a UK only website.
I hope this works for you as I find it very useful
Hawk:

Sam
Hawk:

Sam

~~~GB~~~

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 02:30:37 pm »
That link takes me to the right place and I got some goodies!

Thanks!!!

~~~GB~~~

Hawk26

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 02:52:16 pm »
That link takes me to the right place and I got some goodies!

Thanks!!!

~~~GB~~~

Glad to help, I find the clip art very useful. Sorry I'm slow at replying, I'm still working my way around the forum and seeing how things work.

juvy

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 05:20:10 pm »
I had no problems either..... just had to scroll down a bit and ignore all the other stuff in between......

Juvy

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:24:00 pm »
The link worked for me. Thanks for the tip Hawk26.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi