Author Topic: New Dust Collector / Ex-16  (Read 1256 times)

Offline jomonto

• Always moving (makes you a harder target)
    • View Profile
New Dust Collector / Ex-16
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:32:46 pm »
I am tired of dust (finally) - hahaha

Now with my new Excalibur 16, I would like to eliminate it.
I am very limited on space - my "shop" is the front wall of our two car garage. So a wall mounted unit would not work.
I've found this portable unit that would work great (space wise). http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP-Light-Duty-Dust-Collector-Polar-Bear-Series/G1163P

Even with both cars in the garage, I could roll it to my side and use the EX-16 in the evenings.
Then when I park the cars outside - roll out the table saw, router, or my bench sander - I'm set for those too.

I would just have to create a specific solution for the EX-16. I'm not sure the built-in dust port works as well as they planned (from what I've read).

I'm open to any suggestions -

thanks,
-john

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
Re: New Dust Collector / Ex-16
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:48:23 pm »
That looks like a great unit. In my small shop I have a dedicated vac for my scroll saw and I picked up a Rigid shop vac that I use for my portable table saw and to clean up the floor. I'm going to make a cyclone catcher for the dust for the shop vac to keep the filter cost down. The whole problem is everything takes up space and I'm very limited. Good luck with your new vac.
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline Rockytime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 10:46:10 pm »
This may be a solution. A HF dust collector mounted on a shelf above my wife's car.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:43 am »
Harbor freight does have a decent unit and catch the 20% coupon.

SMF

Teknoromi