Author Topic: Modge Podge  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
Modge Podge
« on: May 11, 2018, 04:50:57 pm »
Has anyone used the modge podge Steve talks about on one of the new patterns he has posted? If so how difficult is it to use?
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Modge Podge
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:07:45 pm »
Greetings,
It has been years since I helped my daughter with mod podge projects but, they do work.
Also, you can experiment very cheaply with a home-made mod podge recipe of glue and water
at a ratio of 3 parts glue (either Elmers glue, so-called school glue, or carpenters glue) to 1 part water.
Examples: 1 cup of glue to 1/3 cup water,    1 ounce of glue to 1/3 ounce water,     3 ounces of glue to 1 ounce of water
You get the idea, so you can mix a small batch and try it on some scrap wood.
THIS WILL BE A MATTE FINISH so, if you want a glossy finish you can add a small amount of water based varnish to
make the finish shinier.
Here's one recipe http://lulastic.co.uk/thrifty-2/homemade-mod-podge/   and you can search mod podge for lots more
recipes on the net but, don't make it too runny.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Modge Podge
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:06 pm »
Modge podge is good stuff, my other half used it in crafts projects, covering wood with paper then modge podge over it to project the paper, it gives a little rough finish and gives a hard plastic coating.

They make different kinds of modge podge, some even for outdoor use, I think one is waterproof, hobby lobby carries most of it.

SMF

Teknoromi