Author Topic: WTB upper rocker assembly for Ex 30 VS  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Robert Watson

• Old, but still smart.
    • View Profile
WTB upper rocker assembly for Ex 30 VS
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:35:33 pm »
A car drove its mirror right through the upper rocker assembly for my Excalaber EX30VS. I am having trouble finding replacement parts. Seyco suggested this website. Anybody got any suggestions?

Offline Starman

• View Profile
Re: WTB upper rocker assembly for Ex 30 VS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:15:16 pm »
Contact the Gwinnett woodworkers assn.   Mr. Bob Brokaw is the mechanical expert there and he might be able to help.

General .International in Canada seems to have resurrected the Excalibur and they may be a source of parts.

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »
I'm just curious about something here. Have you or anybody else for that matter given any thought to the possibility of using or adapting parts from the Dewalt 788? They are so close in design that they just might work. Also, Pegas has designed and produced clamp kits for both the Dewalt and the Excalibur, Jet, Seyco that they might be usable also. I'm not sure which parts you are in need of but by trying the Dewalt, you might be able to get your saw back in operation. Just a suggestion.

Ray
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »
Also, here is an interesting thread from about 3 years ago. It might shine some light on your situation.
http://www.stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=18518.0
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline Robert Watson

• Old, but still smart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42:57 am »
I'm just curious about something here. Have you or anybody else for that matter given any thought to the possibility of using or adapting parts from the Dewalt 788? They are so close in design that they just might work. Also, Pegas has designed and produced clamp kits for both the Dewalt and the Excalibur, Jet, Seyco that they might be usable also. I'm not sure which parts you are in need of but by trying the Dewalt, you might be able to get your saw back in operation. Just a suggestion.

Ray
Thanks for your interest. Seyco has an assembly for the tilting arm version, but they say it won't fit my tilting table version. I will talk to them to see if a machinist could alter the rocker arms to fit. The blade clamp assembly looks like it survived the encounter intact, so I'm ok about those parts. I don't know if it matters, but I'm pretty sure the upper and lower arms are identical. 

SMF

Teknoromi