Author Topic: Steve Good's Hot Rod Clock  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Rockytime

• View Profile
Steve Good's Hot Rod Clock
« on: September 29, 2018, 06:06:18 pm »
Car cut from cheap pine using a #7 skip tooth Olsen or is it Olson blade? I forget if he's Swede or Norwegian. That was for the outside cut. All inside cuts were #3 Pegas mg blade. The base is Poplar from an old discarded dresser drawer. Finish is Minwax stains with a couple of coats of gloss poly in a rattle can.

Offline Woodrush

• View Profile
Re: Steve Good's Hot Rod Clock
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:31:26 pm »
Looks good

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 10:01:32 am »
Nice job on the hot rod / clock.  I like the natural finish vs painted.  Regards GLC

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 09:43:10 am »
looks great Rocky, Pine has beautiful character and best finished as you did with clear stains that allow the grain to show. I sometimes use a soaking of thin CA glue on places that are weak and prone to breaking. CA glue will yellow the area slightly but helps to sturdy things up.

as to Olsen or Olson doesn't matter much. My Grandfather born in Norway and our last name ends in "stad" instead of "stead." My Grandmother, born in Sweden, her last name ends in "en" but her sisters, born in North Dakota last name ends in "on". so what's up with that? My Grandfather done some beautiful scroll work with a hand fretsaw way back in time.

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 03:11:16 pm »
Very nice Les. I like it. I sure wish that there was a way to "like" stuff on this forum. Come on web master. Get with it.
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline BLULOU

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »
 Really nice work. I tried my hand with the Chevy bel air pattern of Steve’s. Turned out nice, not finished sanding but your work is very good.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:36:35 pm by BLULOU »

SMF

Teknoromi