Author Topic: Using iSocket with DW788  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Jracine

• View Profile
Using iSocket with DW788
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:33:21 pm »
I connected a small Shop Vac to my DW788 via the Scrollnado dust collection system which works great. Turning the vacuum on and off is a pain so I tried using an "iSocket" as I have on my table saw.  The is a clever device that turns on when you turn on your power tool and runs for about 10 second after you shut the tool off to clear the dust out of the vacuum hose.  For some reason it doesn't work with the DW788.  I have the DW788 plugged into a foot switch and the foot switch into the iSocket.  The vacuum won't turn on. Has anyone tried this arrangement?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any good feedback.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Using iSocket with DW788
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:42:24 am »
Have you sorted it out yet?

Not sure I understand your setup.  Is it wall outlet => iSocket => foot switch => DW788?  Where is the vacuum connected in this?

I think it would be wall outlet => foot switch => iSocket => DW788 and to the vacuum.

Hope this gives you something to try.

Let us know.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
Re: Using iSocket with DW788
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:24:43 pm »
I would plug a dual outlet into the foot switch and then plug the saw and vac into the dual outlet. That way, when you depress the foot switch, it is sending power to both the saw and the vac at the same time. I'm not sure what an iSocket is but if it is what I think it is, that's how I'd set it up. My setup is through the Fein vac that I have.
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

SMF

Teknoromi