Author Topic: Flower bowl Redux  (Read 570 times)

Offline Cashew

• @boldheartcustomcreations
    • View Profile
    • Bold Heart Custom Creations
Flower bowl Redux
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:29:02 pm »
I'm re-doing the little flower bowl in a larger size and this time I took some progress pics that may help you see the method I came up with. In the first pic I've already done the outside cut at 40 degrees angled outward and set up for the next cut - this time at 35 degrees inward on the same line. The second pic shows that cut complete. From there I dropped the angle by 5 degrees per cut -- starting at the beginning it's 40 - 35 - 30 - 25 - 20 - then 15 for the final cut (the base). You do have to adjust the cut lines as you go inward or you won't end up with enough glue surface --each layer needed re-drawn as I went -- I feel like there may be a smoother way to do it but I haven't found it yet (maybe reverse the cut order and start at the base?). Also sanding the sides can be scary as some of the wall areas are thinner than I'd like because of the angle changes - especially in the 5 corners -- In these pics nothing is glued to together yet -- it would almost look cool to leave the outside like this and just smooth out the inside but we'll see next time.You can see more pics on my instagram page @boldheartcustomcreations-  they just won't fit here with the limits on size

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:38:23 pm by Cashew »
"Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say
                       that they have found it."

SMF

Teknoromi