Author Topic: FD Blades  (Read 5016 times)

Offline MrA

• View Profile
FD Blades
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:45 pm »
Where is everyone getting their flying Dutchman blades? I was ordering from Mike but as he has sold his business where do I go now. I was down to my last 2 dozen blades and ordered from Wooden Teddy bear but couldn't believe the shipping fees. Mike charged me $3 to ship to Manitoba and I got them in 8 days. Wooden Teddy bear wants $12.95 in shipping fees, now I wait to see when I get them.
Tom
One mistake leads to expensive firewood and I have had a couple of good fires since I started.

Offline JohnRB

• View Profile
Re: FD Blades
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:21:23 am »
Hi

You can still get them from Mike's old website, I ordered some a couple of weeks ago, they shipped them to the UK for me.

Cheers

John

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:54:14 am »
I ordered from Mikes site but am waiting to to see where they come from, as Tom said 3.00 shipping from Mike.
Mike used to charge 4.50 5.00 dollars shipping to New Zealand, WTB wanted to charge me 12.00 dollars.
So wont know what the charge for shipping is until I get my Bank Statement.

Next day after I sent the order I got a strange email as:

Mike's Workshop <Contact@mikesworkshop.com>

Your order has been received and will ship shortly.

Thank you!

Mike?s Workshop, Inc.
PO Box 33917
Portland, OR  97292-3917
(503)760-1614
www.mikesworkshop.com

Now is that from Mike or the WTB only time will tell, I ordered on the 23rd Apr 4 days ago.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Clem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:08:14 am »
I ordered from Mike's website after he sold the business, and got the same email as Merlin. The blades arrived from Wooden Teddy Bear and shipping was $3.00. The service was great as I was used to with Mike. I think they are keeping Mike's website but changed the phone number.
Clem

pddesertrat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:19 am »
"Wooden Teddy Bear" purchased Mike's business and is keeping his site open.  They are doing a great job and really working hard to keep up Mike's reputation for service.

Wooden Teddy Bear is located in Portland, Oregon. 

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:04:45 am »
I ordered from Wooden Teddy Bear's website and was not happy with their Shipping charge, but went
ahead and placed the order anyway.  Well they arrived in my Mailbox in 4 days and the SHIPPING was
only $1.20.   Same as what Mike had been charging for many years.  Anyway I a Happy Scroller.........  Danny     :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 11:28:40 am »
WTB is running the same website Mike has   Mikes workshop .com and their own website.  The shipping charges have not changed on Mike's old site.  They have promised to try and keep the shipping charges the same.  The new info is for their business in Portland Oregon.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline MrA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »
I guess I wait to see what the shipping charges will be. In future I will use Mike's old site to order.  Thanks for the replies.
Tom
One mistake leads to expensive firewood and I have had a couple of good fires since I started.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:31 am »
 I ordered from Mike last week and the blades come from WTB same shipping price, and only took three days.  edward

Offline MrA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »
The FD blades arrived today from Wooden Teddy bear, took 10 days which is acceptable and there was an adjustment on shipping from $12.95 to $8.95. However they included a catalogue I never asked for which tripled the size of the envelope needed, so the postage stamp reads $4.79, curious where the other $4.16 went, I guess that is to pay for picking the blades. Wish I could find a job that pays that well.
Tom

timsongs

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »
I am about due for an order.... i'll go the old webpage...  Mike once called me to clarify an order and we chatted our 30 minures..  he often would write a note on the receipt..  I wish him everything we wants...

Offline aussiepete

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 09:14:09 am »
ordered FD blades from mike's old website,just received my order ,postage was only $4.32 to Australia .ordered a similar sized  package on the same day,  from a  supplier in my home state in Australia , postage was $12.95 and order only arrived 2 days before mike blades.

so seems to be same great service that mike used to provide & I was kept up to date via email when order was received & shipped

Pete

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 04:56:03 am »
My lot arrived bout two or three days longer than Mike's used two.
Price was around the same as Mike's also and as aussiepete stated cheaper than buying local.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

SMF

Teknoromi