Author Topic: Excalibur  (Read 1091 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Excalibur
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:54:23 pm »
Those members that have an Excalibur saw have you had any trouble with the blade tension lever, I have had trouble on and off with the lever slackening off while operating and now it will not stay back I have cleaned it out but still no joy
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jimbo 

thumbs

Re: Excalibur
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:24 am »
Jim,  never had that problem--how old is your saw?? your best bet is to contact Ray at  seyco@seyco.com  he is the guru of Excalibur --he sell them here in the states, Wish I could be of more help--good luck  Richard aka thumbs ;D

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:23:21 pm »
Jim, I've only had my EX 21 for about six months, but haven't had any problems with the tension lever as yet.  How long have you had yours?

The only problem I've experienced so far is that once in a great while I can't raise the arm. (and yes, I've released the blade..) If I just turn the saw on and off again for a moment then the arm moves freely.  Is this normal, or a sign of a future problem?
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Bill P

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »
Jim, I've never had that prob, buy Richard/Thumbs' answer was great.

Crabby, that's rare, but not unheard of.  No, it's not a simptom of a problem, just the law of averages and where the little gears are when you stop.

Bill P.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:23:43 pm »
Thanks guys, Crabby you can adjust the arm the instructions are in the manual, my saw is 14 months old and I have had a number of problems such as the main bearing collapsing and after replacement it vibrates like  a cheap saw, it is to go back to the dealers for that so hopefully they can sort that out, I have also striped the thread on the blade holder, that was replaced and now the tension lever, I took it apart today and sanded all the surfaces flat and that seems to have helped
Jimbo

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:04:50 pm »
My EX is over 7 years old and have never had that problem.  Crabby, mine has always done that.  It only happens once in a while.  A quick tap on on/off (or foot petal) will release it.  It has to do with the counter balance on the motor.  It is not an indicator of a future problem.

SMF

Teknoromi