Author Topic: Insurance Companies... God love them...  (Read 2181 times)

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: Insurance Companies... God love them...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 09:46:41 am »
I am diabetic to and have had the same thing happen.  With insulin you usually buy it a vial or more at a time.  It isn't possible to buy 2 or 3 days worth in many cases, and if you have to pay for it without the discount the insurance companies get, it is expensive.  I actually spoke with an insurance representative once when in this same situation and told her if I die this weekend while you are straightening out this problem, expect a huge lawsuit that will make a vial of insulin seem like a dollar.  Didn't change her opinion a bit.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

IBMer

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:16:41 am »
The Nurse called me this morning.    It seems that the Insurance company Won...   The insurance company now tell doctors what they can and cannot prescribe.    I bet this will put thousands of Medical Sales Reps out of work.   After all, why bother pushing one medication over another to the doctor office, then the Insurance company has all the power to decide what they will and will not pay for..     Seems like a great opportunity for a monopoly to me.   Insurance company buys stock in company A under a shell company, forces doctors to use meds from company A and basically monopolizes the market.

Shogun

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:06 pm »
IBMer, they already basically have a monopoly. One of the reasons insurance is so high is because competition is limited because the law prohibits companies from purchasing insurance outside of their own State. A few years ago I dated a gal who had to buy her own health insurance because the Company she worked for was in Michigan and had no branch in Ohio, so in essence it was illegal for them to offer her insurance...makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

SMF

Teknoromi