Author Topic: Veteran's Day 2012  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Veteran's Day 2012
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:00 am »
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, formerly known as Armistice Day.

I personally thank all of my brothers-in-arms for doing their part in maintaining the freedoms of our people and our nation.

I salute the men and women of our armed services, yesteryear, today and tomorrow.  

May our forces be victorious and return to the country and people they love and defend.

Al W
MSgt. USAF (Ret.)
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

SheGold

Re: Veteran's Day 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 02:57:10 am »
My thanks to all our Military Forces.. God bless and keep you safe.... Thank you all... Sheila

king310

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:54:13 am »
I am proud of all of those who have served and those who are currently in the armed services. We take our freedoms without thinking about how we maintain them. We should educate our children about our freedoms and how we fought for them. We should not wait until the children become of age and are asked to serve from recruits. My uncle died abord ship the day I was born
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:58:22 am by king310 »

Vonsarge

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »
I went to our Remberence day Service today. Our small town turned out over 500 people, many of them children who I am pleased to see will be learning what this special day is all about.
Sadly I also met a lady proudly wearing the medals of her Son, who lost his life in Afganistan18 months ago.  Brave and proud lady, but I was completely overcome by the meeting.

God bless Veterens everywhere.

Ex Sgt. British Airborne Forces.

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »
Nicely said, Al.  Sincere thanks for your service, also, and to all our vets on this site.
Scrolling has its perks

SMF

Teknoromi