Author Topic: My Hawk is sick  (Read 1081 times)

Offline eburk

• View Profile
My Hawk is sick
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:28:48 pm »
Had some trouble with my Hawk today. The tensioning mechanism would not allow me to load a blade, had about a 1/2" between the blade end and the lower blade holder, after I had it in the upper blade holder. This is really the first problem I have had, other than a blade holder that wore out, so not complaining at all, it is a great saw.

I took the tensioning mechanism apart and compared my parts to the parts in the owners manual (amazing I still have it after 16 years and 2 moves). The parts I had removed did not match my diagram completely, so obviously it seems a couple of parts failed today. I will call Monday and see if we can talk to a service rep and figure out what I need and how to put everything back together when the new parts arrive. Until then, that new saw Steve has been using looks pretty sweet.  ;D ;D. I just know shipping will kill me though.

I have been working to get ready for a show the first weekend of March, may have to resort to my lathe to have some product.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
Re: My Hawk is sick
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:15:45 am »
I have a Hawk, also, but, sorry, know nothing of tension repair.  I hope you get some answers when you call Monday.

Mine sounds about like yours, moved twice in the 15-16 years I've owned it and it's held up well, considering I bought it as a demo model.  The only thing I've replaced so far is the bellows, which someone on here kindly pointed out when I explained my problem.  Hopefully, some other Hawk owners will see this soon and offer a solution.  Bad timing when you have a show coming up.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Scrolling has its perks

Offline eburk

• View Profile
Re: My Hawk is sick
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 10:40:27 pm »
Thanks Coffeepot, I am hoping those good folks down in Kansas can guide me in the right direction. I will spend my time on the lathe until I can get the parts for the Hawk. I still need a few things turned for the show as well.

I have been looking at other saws, just in case, I like the looks of the new Seyco at this point. I think the tilting head and the table cover would be nice additions to the shop. Still hoping though.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

SMF

Teknoromi