Author Topic: Intarsia Enthusiasts  (Read 5688 times)

daneklund

Intarsia Enthusiasts
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:14:04 am »
Hi from EclipseScroller
Just interested in what kinds of projects others are involved in and where the interests are.  My most recent project was a group of guitars.  It was used by someone as a Christmas present.  It got an honorable mention in the latest SSWC magazine.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Intarsia Enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:25:20 am »
That's quite an honor. I'll have to check that out.

EZgoing

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:02:55 pm »
Hi Eclipse Scroller... Congrats on the honorable mention... very impressive to say the least.

As for projects, for me, they range from many of Steve's pattern projects to making clocks, or maybe a specialty coat rack.. canes.. even made a 13'+ long window sill for plants with a shelf and rack above for hanging plants.

Most of my smaller projects are given away to friends and family as gifts or in some cases, as 'just because' projects... Just because I like to see the smiles I get.. especially on a child's face..

Hope this helps to answer your question...

Ez

Curt

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
I started scrolling in November, that is 5 months ago.  I have made many many projects from a portrait of Christ carrying the cross, three of the Noah's arc puzzles, Large,Medium and small. mirrors crosses so many In all over 40 projects...I love it.
Curt

Marshall

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:28:58 pm »
Congrats Eclipse on this great honor ..........

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:15 pm »
This was my first tray at Intarsia. I gave it to my wife. She loves Dolphin's. It has 15 peices and 3 types of wood. I am curently working on a 35 piece Holiday Teddy Bear. I will post it when I finish it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

canadasgall

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »
you did a wonderful job on the group of guitards eclipse. and congrats on the honorable mention. are you planning on putting the pattern for sale or sharing? i would love to do it for my son. he works in a music store and gives guitar lessons. again great job

Blackie

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:56:23 am »
  Hi All, I'm from New Zealand and do many types of intarisa a lot of fish the last one was of ZeZe Top with a 34 Ford in the background.It's a great hobbyand with the fishing my days and nights are full on. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kokopelli2010

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:02 am »
You did a great job on the ZZ Top and car! Gets especially tricky when mixing woods in the project so hats (and sunglasses  ;D) off to you !

daneklund

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 04:32:27 pm »
Canadasgall - I haven't decided if I will publish that pattern or not.  It was over 220 pieces with 15 varieties of wood.  I created the pattern from pictures of a guitarist's real guitars.  Some of the pieces are real small with the overall size being about 18"x24".

KTravis

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »
Congrats...the guitars looked awesome.

canadasgall

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 05:24:11 am »
thanks eclipse, i'll be keeping an eye out just incase lol. it sounds like quite a project. you did a wonderful with it. thanks again

Curt

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 02:04:14 pm »
Tis was a fun project and my first at Intarsia

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »
good work Curt.

daneklund

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »
Nice looking ship Curt.  Great job - your second project will even be more fun.  Watch out for the addiction though LOL  ;)

SMF

Teknoromi