Author Topic: Bear Box Intarsia  (Read 4306 times)

BigE

Re: Bear Box Intarsia
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »
You can learn Intarsia directly from the best if you want.
Check out Judy's web site.
http://www.intarsia.com/index.html

I think it would be fun to go to the Smokey Mountains to scroll.
BigE

daneklund

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 01:04:29 am »
Hey BigE - I just got back from 3 days with Judy and 6 other students for an expert class.  It was her first ever expert class.  The classes are a real treat to go to.  None of us fiinished the project while we were there.  We had the pieces all cut out and ready to begin shaping when we arrived.  Just not enough time in the day to get it all completed.  I will post a picture pretty soon of the project.  We did the large crucifix so a lot of the class was learning about doing the anatomy and making it look like what we think it should look like. (if that makes sense).  One of the students said he would not sell the piece for less than $1000.  A couple others were going to be given to churches.  Not sure yet where mine will go.  Cheers.

northie66

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:20 pm »
BigE... looks like the sale of a house to me.   ???  Did you post the right link?

BigE

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 09:10:37 am »
Sorry about that link. I have had that bookmarked forever. It worked the day I posted it. Maybe Eclispescroller has a better one since he just went to one of her classes. Can you post it please. Again, sorry for the mixup.
Elvin

northie66

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:15 am »
Could it be intarsia.net?   That seems like it is it.

daneklund

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 11:24:18 am »
All.  JGR's site is WWW.INTARSIA.COM.  It looks like the site has been hi-jacked.  I called and left a message for Judy so I am sure they will get it straightened out soon. 
Being it is a holiday weekend, it may not be until early next week.  Thank you for the alert.  Cheers.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 11:56:51 am »
www.intarsia.net  is Bruce Worthington's site for those wanting to learn the art of making Intarsias. There is step by step instructions for completing a Intarsia project.  www.intarsia.com has always been JGR's. 
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

daneklund

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »
Hello all.  I just heard back from Judy and she has the site repaired.  It was something that she had accidentally done.  Thanks.

BigE

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 10:09:21 pm »
I'm glad Judy's site is fixed. I thought I was losing it for a while there.
Like they say. First your mind goes, then...............
BigE

SMF

Teknoromi