Author Topic: Box for Baby Teeth  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
Box for Baby Teeth
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »
Just started to think of getting ideas for a box to put Baby Teeth in as a conversation keepsake. Anyone make any with a tooth or such shape/ look ?
Give it a try —

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Box for Baby Teeth
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:06:35 pm »
Hi, Bucko,
Hopefully this attachment works and here are some simple instructions.
I'd cut the outside edge of this tooth shape in 3/4" wood of choice and two (2) more of the same shape from 1/4" material.
(The two 1/4" pieces are the top and bottom of the box and the 3/4" piece is the side walls of the box.)
Now cut the inside area of the 3/4" tooth which I designated with a dashed line.
Trace the inside area of the 3/4" tooth onto 1/8" or 1/4" wood and cut that shape out. I call this the lip that fits into the box side-wall.
Make sure that 1/8" or 1/4" material fits into the cut out area of the 3/4" inch tooth. A slightly loose fit is best so that it will go onto and come off of the 3/4" tooth easily.
Lay the 1/4" top on your work area up-side down (best surface down on your work area), align the side-wall 3/4" box onto the top, glue the 1/8" or 1/4" lip onto the top of box making sure not to glue the top or lip onto the side-wall.
Now align and glue the 1/4" bottom onto the side-wall.
Now, if desiredd, you can paint the entire box white and then trace the smiley face and paint it onto the top of the box. If you don't like the idea of painting the face, you can print the smiley face on standard paper and glue it onto the top of the box.
I hope this is helpful to you and would like to see the project if you decide to use it.
 God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:33 am »
Thanks for the great reply and this Box should work quite well. I’m a bit slow but I should be able to post a picture of the smiling tooth box.
Give it a try —

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 08:15:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Bucko,
It's surprising how many requests I have answered and then never hear from the person again.
I hope this box works and I hope to see a completed project if you do use it.
If the directions are hard to understand, I can probably make some kind of pictorial that may
make more sense.
If you do compound cutting, the size would have to be reduced but, a compound cut container would
be possible too. If interested in seeing that possibility, just drop me a private message and I'll reply as soon as possible.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 11:53:46 am »
Pattern printed out quite well and when the time comes my meager paint skills should be able to handle the Face expression!
Give it a try —

SMF

Teknoromi