Author Topic: Holiday Drinking, Driving  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
Holiday Drinking, Driving
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:39:07 pm »
Friends,

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, I have done something about it: a couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some pals and had a few too many whiskeys as well as beers and some rather nice Merlot; but knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got this one.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Holiday Drinking, Driving
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:49:57 pm »
Hey Crabby, Where did you park the bus? ::)
Dan In Southern California

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:59:49 am »
LOL!! got to try that  ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:15:09 am »
LMBO  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:17:45 am »
Now you will have to take the bus back and get your car.  ::)

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!   >:(

Rog  :D
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:44:37 pm »
Hi Crabby, I don't need to get drunk to forget where I left the car lol.
Rob Roy.

Offline Huanter1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 06:12:53 am »
Yeah often people who are sober forget where they parked the car. Even it has happened with me many times. However, such proportion increases in drunk people as my friend who works with a DUI attorney Los Angeles confirmed me.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:02:17 am »
Thats is funny but on a serious note, I have driven drunk twice got lucky twice and have not since done it again. The first time was a double whammy if I got caught, my now ex wife was under age and drunk plus I have a CDL if had gotten stopped I would have been in big trouble, the second time the bottles were a dollar so i thought cool then after was like crap, was alone and about 30 miles from home. Both times I got home safe and lucky and won't do it again. From the experince it was a weird feeling, felt like i was driveing alot faster then I was going so I was driving well under the speed limit. From this I learned to not to do it again and never will no matter where I am at I will either stay there or call somebody. It was not fun at all, and a stupid move on my part, but I was alot younger then. I have grown up and gotten wiser.

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:43 pm »
I spent 35 years drivin' OTR. Some of the accidents I've seen, & helped folks with, were horrible, some were life takers. Trust me when I tell ya, there's nothing worse than draggin' children's bodies out of a demolished vehicle because of a drunk driver. Adults are bad enough. And if the drunk driver survived the wreck, about all they have to say is "I don't know where that other car came from."

It's sad to see somethin' like that, & you never forget it. I've seen it all over the country.

5 years ago last month I had a nephew killed in a drunk driving accident. I made an 8' x 3' cross out of cedar for the crash sight with his name & picture on it cut with the scroll saw. I also made some other things he liked. His favorite football team, the Ford emblem w/ford cut out just like the emblem. And a few other things. He'd been 19 for 3 weeks when he was killed. I also made a cross for his grave sight. I was on the road when my sister & My Mom called me about him. Needless to say, it was a damn rough trip home.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:49:04 pm by sawdust703 »
Sawdust703(Brad)

SMF

Teknoromi