Author Topic: Inkjet cartridges...  (Read 1829 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Inkjet cartridges...
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:54:46 pm »
Do You....

1. Buy only the Manufacturer's cartridges?

2. Buy "Re-manufactured" or Re-filled cartridges?

3. Have your cartridges re-filled at Walgreen's or Office Depot or other store

4. Refill your own cartridges?

I personally am using Re-manufactured cartridges from <universalinkandtoner.com> and am very happy with the product and service.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

ChaplainRon

Re: Inkjet cartridges...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
I grit my teeth, bite my tongue, spit and order the Brand Name from Amizon.com

If they work for you go for it. I had a bad experience that was messy, stressful, and cost me lots of time when I needed my printer to just work. But it was not working properly due to after market printer ink.

Ron

thawkins57

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:11 pm »
I have never had good luck with remanufactured inkjet OR toner cartridges.  I have just recently begun to use remanufactured toner cartridges for my 4 printers at work.  On my HP Color Laser, the rep had to replace all four cartridges (at his expense) and go with another manufacturer because the first mfger's product was so bad.  We'll see what happens from here.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:32 pm »
what ever i can get at Wallie world

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 03:48:26 pm »
I saw too many bad reviews to consider using refills I always buy the MFR's new ink cartridges. I also saw a warning that using refilled or remanufactured cartridges could void the warranty. Decided not to take the chance.
Better safe than sorry. Wish I had thought of that before updating to IE-8. It apparently had a clean up program thet deleted the dll file and crashed the computer.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »
I buy mine off e-bay.  Have done so for years, only once did I have  a problem and it was my printer not the cartridge .  This seller was so nice, he sent me a replacement cartridge at his expense and when that didn't work he refunded my purchase price AND shipping.  I have also refilled my own cartridges, a bit mess but well worth the effort.
ChelCass

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:19 pm »
I have been using the 'remanufactured' cartridges since they first came out.

The only time I EVER used OEM cart.'s was when they came with a new printer I bought.

Have had a couple problems, but nothing I couldn't handle with the supplier or I just changed suppliers. This most recent one is the best I have ever found for quality and service. Sent them an email question the other day and had reply with an hour! Sent me new cartridge and a prepaid mailer to return the bad one.

I have 6 different printers I am responsible for and they all are using 'remanufactured' cart.'s....with virtually NO problems.
And I have documented that the printer manufacturer's WARNING is a lot of bunk! They cannot legally void a warranty for using 'aftermarket' supplies.

~~~GB~~~
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:20:35 pm by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »
I have tried 'remanufactured' cartridges. My problem was when printing photos the ink would not dry. For typed print and patterns on regular paper they where fine.   8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

tux_linux

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 07:47:38 am »
I have laser printers - well, one at home and another one in the office.

Check them out - they are much cheaper when it comes to our amount of printing.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:33 pm »
I have always used compatable cartridges in both my ptinters, I have only ever had problem with 1 cartridge and that leaked inside it's packaging. The supplier "Choice Stationary " sent me a new one without question
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »
I gave up on Inkjet.  The manufacture replacements are really expensive and I had trouble with refills dripping or not drying.

I do not print a lot so I found that I had the jets go dry on me.

I went to Staples and bought a Brothers Laser for $60.  LOVE IT.  It connected to my network with out issues and the colour is great.

I know I will get a shock when I have to get replacements but the cost per page is much less than inkjet.

Don

tux_linux

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 07:09:00 am »
Don, check online. I buy the laser cartridge about once a year via amazon and it doesn't cost much (around 30 Euro). They are not original and probably refilled - but also working absolute perfect.

I also do a lot of printouts for my kids to paint - no pain with a laser printer at all.

SMF

Teknoromi