Author Topic: New Members  (Read 66869 times)

Offline johndimuzio

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:44 pm »
Hi all! Most call me John Di. I began this scrolling phenomenon about a year ago. After many youtubes from different posters I kept coming back to Steves contributions. I have learned the most from him. I'm 73 and I have been woodworking since I was a freshman in highschool. Health issues have slowed me down considerably. So this has appealed to me because I can sit for the most part. :) Looking forward to reading all the posts from members. I have so much more to learn about the craft. Thanks for hooking me up.

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2016, 02:08:02 pm »
Hello and welcome!  You'll find all kinds of help here from so many talented scrollers.  Glad you've joined us.
Nancy from Washington state
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 24, 2016, 06:15:05 am »
Hi John and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  You might check out Sheila Landry's web site also.  Some very good tutorials there.

Offline Don Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »
Hello my name is Don from IL. and I am very happy that I finally am able to figure this out and to learn from so many.  Thanks

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2016, 06:16:04 am »
Hi Don and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline Grandpa

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2017, 01:32:11 pm »
Thanks for the add. Hi from Michigan Used to scroll years ago and work got in the way. Retired and back at it again. Amazed at the new stuff out there for scrollers now. Great to be back at it

Offline Richard 33

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2017, 10:10:28 am »
Hello to all. First off I thank you for approving my membership to this great forum.
My name is Richard and I have been scrolling for almost a year. I was gifted a used Dewalt 788 and between Steve's advise via the web and myself I taught myself to use the scroll saw. I have come a long way in my knowledge but look forward to learning from you all as well. I live in Georgia and work as a Sheriff's Deputy.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2017, 04:37:20 pm »
Welcome Richard and thank you for your service my new friend.  Feel free to ask questions as there is a TON of knowledge here to help.  We love pictures:)

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2017, 06:58:38 am »
Hi Richard and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline KnowWhatMomKnows

• I Hope You Have The Best Week EVER!!!
    • View Profile
New Member Here Introducing Myself
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2017, 11:35:25 pm »
First off, I joined officially on August of 2016. However, all I did was one small post saying hi and thank you for letting me join. I added that I would be introducing myself later....lol...well LATER Happend NOW, Here on Sunday, June 4th, 2017. Yes, I am slow, not just with this forum, but life in general. Let me give you a quick run down of who I am and I am open to questions later if you have any.
I have been a scroll saw artist for 2 years now and equally as much with woodworking in the general sense of things. I use every  machine and tool in a normal shop except for the standard table saw that we have. I can not afford to fall into the machine...I am paralyzed in my left leg.

My Passion is SAWDUST....lol...now, you are wondering what this has to do with Scroll Sawing? EVERYTHING

I have been working on a NEW Art Form working with Saw Dust. It is more of a System then anything. Yes, I DO Scroll Saw my Sawdust....lol....I hope to show everybody my work in the near future. I do just about ANY Kind of wood working using saw dust.  Working with Sawdust is NOT A new thing, but its HOW I work with it that changes things. If I can get the word out about working with sawdust, I hope to change the woodworking community as a whole for the better (not that anything is wrong with the way thing are now....lol...I just want to ADD To the world of woodworking the surprising and delightful things a person can do with the plentiful sawdust that gets accumulated in the shop)I have not been on youtube for the last 4 months or so...for a variety of reasons, but saying that, my physical problems are not exactly getting better, infact they get worse. But, I have decided to go back to youtube because I want so much to share with the world this new art working with Sawdust. I am like a SPONGE Soaking up all the information I get from the other woodworkers and the scroll saw artists are at top of my list. In-fact, Steve Good and Russel Claridy are my Friends and I learn from both of them as often as possible. I am usually on the "Lets Talk Shop with Russ" Show on Saturday Nights too, but the last 4 months I have hidden myself away from all parts of life due to pain, and other crazy reasons. I am about ready to come back to the show and support the panel again and support Russel and his quest speakers. I have NEVER Stop supporting the Woodworking Community, I have just been behind the sense in lots of pain both physically and emotionally. My Heart has been broken so many times in my life its a wonder I can still keep a positive attitude going. Saying that, I am one of those ppl that KEEP A smile on my face and try very hard to see life in the MOST Positive aspect possible. I build not only my self up, but others as well....I look for the good in everybody where I can. I face each day with my Disability with MUCH Enthusiasm.....I look for the things in my Day that I CAN Do....instead of sit around and talk about the things in my day that I can NOT Do....I keep as positive as possible. Saying that, Everybody goes thru things and I went thru the valley the last 4 months in so many ways....but I kept pushing forward towards the Horizon. I have the BEST DAY EVER....Each and Every Day...Even on my WORST Days.....I refuse to wallo in the gunk of life and I push forward and MAKE My world the best in can be and I help others do the same. I could not do any of this stuff called "LIFE" If it were not for the Love that God gives me each and every day. Jesus is my Lord and Savior in him I put my Trust. Ok all....I am very excited to LEARN From YOU....And have YOU Learn From Me....Scrolling is a Beautiful Art, one that I am so glad to spend my time enjoying. I hope you all have the Very BEST Day Ever, I truly mean this :-)

KNOW WHAT MOM KNOWS
Shelly Cole
AKA MOM :-)

ps....My LINK To my YouTube Channel is: https://www.youtube.com/knowwhatmomknows
PLEASE Keep in mind that I have not posted any video for a few months, however I will be posting my scroll work and other woodworking within the month, God Willing :-)
Do You Know What Mom Knows? If Not, Then I Invite You To Go Check Out My YouTube Channel. I Encourage Everyone to Distract Your Own Day By Doing Something Good For Somebody Else by Using the Talents That God Has Given You And The Things That You Can Create!! I Hope You Have The Best Week EVER!!!

Offline timabrwn

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2017, 12:43:26 pm »
Hello All,

I have been working with wood for a very long time. Love to see the wonderful work of everyone and give some great ideas. Lets keep the fun in woodworking. Peace to you.

Tim Brown

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2017, 07:19:48 am »
Hi Tim and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline KnowWhatMomKnows

• View Profile
TO STEVE GOOD
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2017, 06:45:38 pm »
Hi Steve
I was excited about talking to you on The LIVE Show last week because I had a question for you. My Question became answered when I went to your web site...and then my question got UN Answered...lol....The EMAIL ME Link does NOT Work on your web site...the link above your head is a dead link. Also, when I write you from MY Email, you never get my messages. I reply to the newsletter and it is as if it goes no place. How is somebody, like ME Your Friend....supposed to get an email to you....lol
Talk to you soon Steve, I HOPE!!! LOL
Shelly Cole from YouTube KNOW WHAT MOM KNOWS
Do You Know What Mom Knows? If Not, Then I Invite You To Go Check Out My YouTube Channel. I Encourage Everyone to Distract Your Own Day By Doing Something Good For Somebody Else by Using the Talents That God Has Given You And The Things That You Can Create!! I Hope You Have The Best Week EVER!!!

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2017, 05:20:16 am »
Hi Shelly, the link is correct but you have to have an email client associated with your browser. Because so many people use online email now it causes issues. I have added the email address below the button now so people can also just copy and paste. That's probably easier than trying to explain how to update the browser setting to make it work. Thanks for reminding me that I needed to correct that.

Offline KnowWhatMomKnows

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2018, 06:14:40 pm »
Thanks for the Help Steve with your Email ....I just got back to the forum now for the first time in a very long time. I just saw your reply here and wanted to reply back by saying Thank You for taking the time with talking to me about your email. I struggled for a long time trying to get ahold of hi...lol...ALSO, I see that I can send you messaged HERE On this Forum. Thanks so much!!!
Shelly

ps....I will send you a note again in the way of an email ;-) ( Will be later on in the weekend....I want to tell you about my NEW Scroll Saw )

SMF

Teknoromi