Author Topic: VIRUS / MALWARE WARNING  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
VIRUS / MALWARE WARNING
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:44:41 pm »
It has come to my attention that there may be issues with Image Shack images initiating various viruses when clicking on the thumbnails to view larger images. Several people have notified me of a problem and some have been damaged/infected.

One of these virus/malware is the AV8 virus. What is av8 scan? The av8 virus causes computers to show fake av8 scan so non suspecting pc users may be lured to buy the virus av8 anti virus.

I realize that not everyone has experienced this issue. I don't feel this is from any forum members, but rather a problem with Image Shack that has been persistent and reported for several years now.

It is STRONGLY advised that users avoid clicking on thumbnail views from Image Shack and also advised that users switch to using another web based storage / posting sources such as Photobucket or others.

I am also asking those who use Image Shack refrain from posting pictures/links on this forum through Image Shack until we feel the problem is resolved.

I have tried to go through and delete all the links causing problems. It seems to be isolated to the most recent posts/links.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Russ
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:32:51 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi