Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 2375 times)

Offline barb e

• View Profile
Help Please
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:35:43 am »
I am hoping to have a pattern made from this photo.  It will be for my brother's 60th birthday.  I am hoping for a fairly simple plan that focuses mostly on the boat.  Not wanting much of the water.  I have tried the rapid resizer stencil/line option, but it is too busy!!and I don't know how to manipulate Inkscape. Someone made a plan for me from one of the facebook groups, again way to much "detail". 

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »
Hi, Barb,
This is definitely not a pattern I am proud to have made but, if you want a pattern
with very little detail, perhaps you can use this.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 08:38:13 pm »
Hi, Barb,
This is definitely not a pattern I am proud to have made but, if you want a pattern
with very little detail, perhaps you can use this.
God Bless! Spirithorse

First of all, thank you for taking the time to produce a pattern.  If you are not proud of this, do you have suggestions as to a pattern.  I have never done "portrait" work.  I guess I look at the couple of patterns that have been produced and I am not sure that I like them. I have attached the other one that was done for me.  I feel the lines to cut are too thick and the sails are not "clean" enough.  I really don't know how to express my thoughts on this.  All suggestions are welcome.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »
Hi, Barb,
A better picture of the exact boat you want would be helpful.
Another sailboat picture I saw here http://www.shambrolawoodart.com/Patterns/Scenic/Scenic-3.aspx
looks like the same type of boat and some of the rough water could be left out to be more simple to cut.
This Steve Good pattern is a multi-masted sail boat and the only reason I am showing it here is to
suggest a manner in which the water can be simulated quite easily instead of many, many lines to make
water and waves.
If you see a photo of a boat that will work for what you want, I'll gladly try to make you a better pattern.
In the mean-time, I'll look for similar photos also.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:31:23 am »
Spirithorse,

Thanks again for all your work.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the boat.  This photo was from my other brother.  I guess I will just look for a different project to do for his birthday. 

Barb

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 12:19:37 pm »
Could you print the picture then trace it onto the wood.  Select only what you want to see when you trace?  That is doing it the old fashion way, but sometimes, it is the way that works.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:21:19 pm by scrappile »
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 10:29:44 am »
Thanks for all the suggestions - I ended up just cutting it into a 96 piece puzzle after purchasing Steve's puzzle pattern book.  I put a picture of it in my gallery.

SMF

Teknoromi