Author Topic: I am Home after 2 months in hospital!!  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
I am Home after 2 months in hospital!!
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:00:06 am »
I am finally home sleeping in my own bed. Thank you all for your thought s and prayers.  I am not exactly ready for a tough man/woman contest but every day gets me closer to the saw.
Yes I hugged my saw when I got home ;D

The most difficult news is that two days after I got home I lost my 14 year old dog whose picture you see by my name. The vets had given him a life expectancy of 10 years. My son kept him while I was gone. Guess he was just waiting to say goodbye.

I'm from North Dakota

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: I am Home after 2 months in hospital!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:57 am »
I am glad you are home, Judy. I hope you continue to recover. I am also sorry about your dog passing. It is so hard to lose our fur children. They are such a comfort to us. May you continue to improve and get well and closer to your saw. (((HUGS)))  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »
Welcome back Judy.  Glad to see you out of the hospital.  Sorry to hear about your furry family member crossing the bridge.  Continue to get better.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »
Hi, Judy,
Thanks for the up-date and I am glad you are home and hope you are doing much, much better.
I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your pet. I know how hard that is and hope it does not
depress you or hinder your own health issues.
Prayers sent your way.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:42:42 am »
Welcome home and I’ll be glad to see a post of your first post recovery item from the scroll saw. I’m sorry for your loss of  your fantastic looking dog and I’m sure you’ve had plenty of good times together.
Give it a try —

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 10:37:11 am »
Judy, as others have expressed - so glad you have escaped the hospital and returned home.  Your own bed and no interruptions through the night!  Sorry that your best bud has passed - as you commented was probably waiting for your return.

If your not quite up to a sawing session - I bet you are up to a search for patterns for your return to sawing.  Take it easy - - -

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 09:38:27 am »
Judy, it must be so nice to be home.  How you feeling?  Wow, 2 months-I have never heard of that long of a hospital stay...they usually run you off in a couple days.  I bet you got to be on a first name basis with everyone on your floor.

So, so sorry about the loss of your beautiful (little?) dog.  What a heartbreak. :'(  I'm sure he missed you, too.  What kind was he?  Did you raise him from a pup?  Is there plans for another one later on? 

You mentioned a Son, so I'm hoping you have some family members around for assistance.  That's always good for comfort and support.  May you heal quickly.  Continued prayers for full recovery and sawdust on your clothes soon. 

Scrolling has its perks

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 11:34:41 pm »
OMG Judy, I just read your initial post about your hernia surgery! I had a very similar situation. After a stomach hernia surgery and mesh implant I developed a serious infection and had to have another surgery to remove all the poison. They left a huge open hole in my stomach and a nurse had to clean and repack it every day for two weeks. I could have stuck an orange or apple through that hole! So glad to hear you are doing ok! Sorry for your loss; I lost my baby ( 12 yr old American bulldog ) in January and miss him every day. So, my wife went to the dog pound and brought home a rescue and he has found a place in my heart now. God bless you!

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 09:59:28 pm »
Sorry you haven’t been well, you will fell better being home, hope your saw has no rust on it

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 03:16:44 am »
Glad to hear you are doing better with your health. Condolences on your loss of your pet. They are like family to us and it is always hard to lose one.

SMF

Teknoromi