Author Topic: Whats Happened ?  (Read 5950 times)

Offline SS Novice

• View Profile
Whats Happened ?
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
What's happened with the forum ?
When I was a user a couple of years ago the forum was busy with regular posts from members , A real interesting forum , and now it seems very little is happening ? any reason for this ?  :(

Come on folks  ;D

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Whats Happened ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:16:22 am »
I also have noticed a drop in activity and am hoping it has just been a busy time. I know October-December is a real busy time for us who do the craft show circuits so maybe action will pick up soon.

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:43 am »
The original post is interesting to me as a new member because I’ve noticed the same towards posting on 2 outdoor related forums that I’ve been a member of for several years. Could less forum participation be related to other social media groups such as Facebook, etc... ?
Give it a try —

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:06:20 pm »
SS Novice, maybe a lot of folk are like you, gone away for a while.
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

Offline Rockytime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:32:48 pm »
I belong to several different sites. Sometimes I don't have time to visit all. Perhaps a lot of people while away their time on Facebook.

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 06:47:14 pm »
I follow 4 forums. Sometimes I am unable to check on them all everyday, or even every other day. I think there are a lot of folks like me.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 12:50:07 pm »
Could be just the season being winter some don't want to get out in the shop being its cold in the spring it might pick up a little, but I remember when I first signed it was busy here but over time its slowed down, there are ALOT of facebook groups for stuff like this is where I find alot of people at, to me forums have slowed down on every topic and its gone to facebook groups since we have our phones on us all the time our info and memebers or friends are at our finger tips anywhere we are.

Offline new2woodwrk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 05:05:28 pm »
I'm on several forums and try to check them all daily although I may not post on them daily

I do however stay as far away from FB and other social media sites at all costs

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:45:46 pm »
Come to think of it, I am also on a truck forum we help with truck repairs and such and it has also gotten really slow, not as busy as it use to be. Back in the day sign on the forum we would have alot of post, now its just a one or two a day if we are lucky. I still think its the social media craze thats putting the hurt on forums, I still like forums over social media things, like snap chat or instagram both of which I refuse to have, I have facebook and thats enough and really I am not on it much anymore.

Offline Rockytime

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 10:42:58 pm »
Facebook sucks!

Offline SS Novice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:12 pm »

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 07:49:35 am »
I come to this forum and four others twice a day and agree this forum is pretty slow to have any changes.  Some of the other forums have the same problem.

I have a friend that also does scrolling and he finds out much of what he is interested in, by going to youtube videos.  Maybe this is an influence on attendance in forums like this one.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 10:40:14 am »
I wonder if it's like many things, it's hit its peak and is now sliding back down?  Was a fascination for awhile, and now like other fads, is fading.  I know other forums that appear to be in their "twilight years".   

If you do searches, you can find the answers to many questions so new posts not always necessary for discussion.  Not that we've seen it all, but the majority here are knowledgeable enough that they don't need to seek or share much advice.

And, as mentioned before, there are other avenues of communications.  However, since I don't partake of any of those, I do look forward to what forum members are making and showing on sites like this (don't quit now!).

Scrolling has its perks

Offline SS Novice

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:38 pm »

not many comments though

Offline Chuck Hans

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 05:49:47 pm »
I notice that a LOT of people just post the same comments just worded a little differently. I realize that some want to increase their post count and have no real information to add andI gears that's O.K. I for one get tired of reading the same thing over and over, Kind of like watching the news.
 Just my $.02

SMF

Teknoromi