Author Topic: Setting up a scroll saw workshop  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
Setting up a scroll saw workshop
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »
Steve. 

Amazing after a number of years I've come to the same conclusion on the basic tools as you out lined in today's blog.   I would offer one additional suggestion.  I've been woodworking for many years and everyone of those years my wife has complained about the dust that works its way out of the shop into the rest of the house.  Even with a closed door in my basement shop after running a sander or table saw it was pretty foggy in my shop and the dust magically got out to the rest of the house.

This past year I retired and we built a new home.  My wife said if I'm going to continue woodworking then do something about the dust. 

So doing some research I ended up getting a Dust Deputy and attached it to my plane-jane shop vac.  Holy cow did that a difference!  I've been working in my new shop for four months now and barley a film of dust is on my desk or shelves in the shop.  I bought enough extra hose and all sorts of adapters to connect the vacuum hose to anything in the shop with a dust port.  I suppose the dust collection system cost a couple hundred bucks and the best thing my wife has not once mentioned dust.

Larry

SMF

Teknoromi