Author Topic: $50 car pattern  (Read 1791 times)

Offline gap15102

• You should see what I saw.
    • View Profile
$50 car pattern
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:01:18 pm »
I was intrigued as to the $50 car pattern and made one.  Took some careful cutting and sanding to get the three pieces to line up.  I used a cherry center and maple sides. Can this really be sold for $50??  Pricing is one of the hardest most debated process in all crafts.

I would love to see a selling price range on the patterns or forum section on what others are selling finished patter items for.  I know there are a ton of variables.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: $50 car pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:15:29 pm »
Greetings!
I don't know if Steve will answer you personally because he maintains a full time job, his blog, touring at shows,
making patterns daily but, I was blown away with a suggested selling price of $50. In my rural area with small towns
I would probably have to price that at about $8 and be lucky to sell many at that.
That would only be if I could get cut-offs and other people's 'scrap' wood. Otherwise, I'd have to use pine to keep
the cost down to sell any.
Just my opinion and experience.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Bucko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:59:00 am »
I’m thinking the $50 was to make the car and enter the picture of the car into the Bear Woods giveaway for $50 prize of items from Bear Woods.
Give it a try —

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:11:06 pm »
Hi, Bucko,
The way I interpreted the post was that Steve thought "$50 was a reasonable price".
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:33:25 pm »
I thought Bucko was right, from the way Steve wrote the copy.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline gap15102

• You should see what I saw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:50 pm »
After rereading the post and Bear Woods ad, I have come to the conclusions as follows:
*Steve thinks $50 is a reasonable price
*Take a photo of the finished product and you could win a $50 certificate from Bear Woods
*I believe I could sell it at a craft show for $8-10 bucks.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:20:15 pm »
Greetings,
I must concede that I paid too much attention to the $50 reasonable price from the first paragraph and
not enough attention to the 2nd paragraph about the photo and the contest.
Steve's wording is pasted below and I apologize for my inaccuracy and any further confusion caused by my
incorrect answer.
God Bless! Spirithorse

"Would you make this race car toy if someone would give you $50 for it? I think that would be a more than reasonable price for this very simple project. Download the pattern and give it a try.

Check out this months Bear Woods sponsored giveaway for you chance to turn this little wooden race car in to $50. "

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 12:18:56 pm »
Spirithorse, no need to apologize, I think a lot of people might have been confused. Keep on keeping on my friend, and thank you for all your posts. You uplift everyone's spirit, and enlighten us with your knowledge.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

SMF

Teknoromi