Author Topic: LOVE this time of year  (Read 1066 times)

Offline scottisscrollin

• Scott Kaser newbie scroller
    • View Profile
LOVE this time of year
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:04:24 am »
Man i love this time of year Tractor Supply/rRural King and some other stores are getting the summer equipment in and i am scoring some fantastic oak shipping crates made from 1/4 x4x5  i have about 3 pickup loads of wood to de-nail and cut out bad parts
I actually have about enough oak to finally do my pallet hard wood floor in my LOL Man-cave  LOL should be great
I absolutely love pallet wood there are sooo many interesting wood grain patterns i have a blonde wood with light red and black streaks running all through the boards i have no idea what the wood is but i like it for small scrollsaw projects
Scott Kaser

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
Re: LOVE this time of year
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:55:41 am »
I no longer use pallet wood but I did, years ago, when I was just starting woodworking.  My mistakes that were eventually burned cost me nothing but my time.  I found  exotic woods in some pallets.

I worked at a sheet metal shop and got their pallets and they were mostly 4"x 4"x  10' that the sheet steel came on, from asia.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: LOVE this time of year
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:57:53 pm »
I got into messing with pallet wood, I work at Lowes now and they took me out to whats called the bull pen and the huge stacks of pallets I started drooling all over my self and some of these pallets looked to be 8 feet or longer. My heart just sank I couldn't get any of them either, some were really nice and clean too.

SMF

Teknoromi