Author Topic: Russell Clock Plans  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
Russell Clock Plans
« on: January 30, 2018, 07:25:51 pm »
Howdy Folks,

Several years ago I ran across the attached photo of a Russell Clock in a scroll saw magazine.  I really would like to build it, but I cannot find anyone who has the plan available.  Does anybody know if this is still available someplace?  I've been tempted to draw up my own plans but it would be a super big challenge. 

I contacted Rick Hutchison, who made the one pictured.  He said he purchased it from Scroller.com, but Scroller.com apparently can't find it. 

Anyone out there seen it, have it?

Thanks

Larry

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Russell Clock Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:31:54 am »
Hi, Larry,
Can you tell me what magazine that is shown in, please?
I just searched through over 1400 entries in a pattern index I have and gave up.
Chances are someone has the magazine if you know which one it is.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:03:46 am »
I found it in a book from Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts called Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking.  Page 138.  It was in an article about Fretwork Basics by Rick Hutcheson.  The photo caption says it was designed by Rick.

Like I said I contacted Rick, his reply "I bought them from the old Scroller company that sold out everything to Winfield, Scroller. THey may not be in the catalog but they own the copyrights as far as I know.

I contacted Winfield and they responded "Sorry we don’t carry this clock as an individual pattern." 

So I'm kinda stuck.  This help any?

Thanks for your quick response.

Larry

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:16:08 pm »
Hi, Larry,
Scrollsaw.com (the old Berrybassket.com) Scrollsaw patterns has copyright to lots of those patterns also.
I took a quick look there and saw many beautiful clocks but, not the Russell.
Perhaps a message to the owner Matt Jones with an inquiry may help. I know personally that not all
the patterns they have are listed on the site and the search engine doesn't always find what you know
is there.
Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi