Author Topic: Female Pheasant 18"  (Read 2116 times)

Claymore

Female Pheasant 18"
« on: January 16, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »
Hi,
Here's my latest Intarsia, as you can see its a female Pheasant and the customer had already bought the male one (Kathy Wise Pattern) and wanted a female to match in similar style.....so i made myself a pattern and got on with it.
The females don't have as much bright colours as the males so it made from Oak with a bit of Sycamore/Beech and quite a lot of woodburning for the feathers. I only have a cheapo wood burner but i am going to order a Peter Childs kit for future projects as i think the wood burning looks ok on wildlife etc so need one with wire tips and variable heat (mine is like a soldering iron and i used a bit that resembled a flat screwdriver  :oops:  and very awkward to hold the posh machines pens look much lighter and more like a pen to hold so might work out fine with that.
Now its finished i can do some more on the big Clydesdales  along with some more smaller orders
Hope ya like it
Cheers
Brian

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Female Pheasant 18"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »
This is gorgeous.  If you do this well with a cheapo wood burner I can't wait to see with a good set.

Well done.

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 06:59:30 pm »
I think you nailed it, and Don is right, if you do this good with what you have I cannot wait to see your work with a good burner.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Claymore

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:39:06 pm »
Cheers guys, I won't be making Pyrography pictures as there is already loads of superb artists but i think for adding some extra detail to the Intarsias it might be ok.
The soldering iron is going in the bin once i get my Peter Childs kit and we will see if i manage to burn the house down lol

Brian

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 01:16:34 am »
Thanks for sharing. This is a nice work of art.

SMF

Teknoromi