Author Topic: Newbie from Texas  (Read 1418 times)

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Newbie from Texas
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:16:23 pm »
I am a newbie from Houston, Texas.  Retired and chose to try scrolling as I have become fairly limited with lifting lumber and full size sheet goods in my shop.  The size of the typical scroll saw work pieces seemed to fit my diminished abilities.  I really am enjoying so far. 

After much research, the Dewalt 788 seemed a logical choice.  However, having the saw in the Houston Dewalt Authorized Repair Center twice for a week at a time in the month of December was awfully frustrating.  I am hoping they have it fixed this time.  They seem too.  It is such a shame when companies take their manufacturing and assembly to China.  Quality Control always seems to suffer. 

Well it is 2018 and I am looking foreword to a learning and rewarding year as new scroller among so many accomplished folks who so willingly share their knowledge.  GLC

Offline eburk

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:20:32 pm »
Welcome GLC, from a scroll saw addict in Alaska
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:30:16 am »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas. If you keep having trouble with your saw, you may want to visit Ray at Seyco in Rockwall, Texas. He is an expert on scroll saws, I don't know if he works on Dewalts but does sell his own brand. I have purchased two Excaliburs from him (which I understand are no longer available) but do still purchase parts. You may want to just visit his web site or give him a call. Anyway, welcome to this forum; there are many, many nice scrollers here willing to help at any time.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:56:05 am »
Thanks for the tip on Ray.  Good to know.

SMF

Teknoromi