Author Topic: Christmas Show Over!  (Read 969 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Christmas Show Over!
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:40:38 pm »
Boy, am I glad the Christmas craft shows are over! I had a good year, but, I am tired! It takes so much work setting up and taking down displays and at my age (75) the ole body begins to ache! Anyway, had a successful year and after a little rest will be getting ready for next year! I will be taking note of items that do not sell good and those that have sold well and will refurbish my inventory. My trailer is empty; took all items that did not sell to my displays in a couple of stores; so will start from scratch on my inventory and will begin to look at craft shows in my area for next year. I will probably cut back on outdoor shows; can't take the heat or cold, so indoor shows mostly. Hope everyone had a good year and merry Christmas and happy new year!

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Christmas Show Over!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »
I am 75 as well. First time on the Christmas craft show route here in mid-north Saskatchewan with moderate success. a two day show was interesting as turnout was dismal even though there was a kids hockey tournament in the same building. by three o clock on the second day my wife and I made the price of the table and still had $2:00 to split, the next two hours was amazing,  storm blew in, people left yet we picked up  five full days of commission work and $350:00 in our money tin.  It was fun, our expectations are not to high, people did seem to appreciate our work and gave incentive to do more creative work for maybe the spring run..

SMF

Teknoromi