Author Topic: Is everybody okay...  (Read 2774 times)

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Is everybody okay...
« on: December 20, 2017, 06:33:54 am »
Wow, nobody posted since my last post on the 18th.  So that's one whole day so far without a single post.

Must be Christmas preparations!

Karl

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: Is everybody okay...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:56:40 am »
 ;)  I am here but I just have a chronic case of the North Dakota winder doldrums  ;D  Or "the Blahs" as some people call it. 
I'm from North Dakota

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:08:03 pm »
i am here as well. We finally got some white stuff yesterday, so hoping for a white Christmas in our part of Alaska next week.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:21:35 pm »
I'm here. Working on 12 train whistles for Christmas presents for the kidos.
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken..."
Jn. 5:24

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:49:34 pm »
I am here just floating around. Its a rough time for me, I laid my grandmother to rest yesterday and being close to christmas makes it even harder. I am not really big on christmas or this time of year and this makes it harder, but I check in and read the forum everyday.

Offline Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »
Sorry for your loss. :'(
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken..."
Jn. 5:24

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 06:47:34 am »
Been busy myself, making bone sawdust, from Moose antler (bone) I'm still making stuff and using my saw for various projects.
Current build is a Bowie knife that I got unfinished from the web.
I'm putting a bone handle on it and trying to give it the appearance of Ivory. The other option is plastic that looks like fake ivory. It's a big one 15.75" overall. I sanded the grinding marks off of it and then mirror polished it with my rotary tool (Dremel Clone) so I can see my face in the steel, and only have the handle left to do. Antler is tough stuff and is slow going getting it sanded down to fit, then to end up with a polished finish to further make it look like ivory, it's mainly a wall hanger and I wanted it as pretty as I could make it.
I haven't been on here in quite a while, and I'm ashamed to say so  :-[, I miss all the good folks I used to jaw with here and I wonder if any are still here that remember me?
That old Horse Thief Robroy from Scotland doesn't answer my email any more and I'm concerned if he is still well and popping up here anymore. Marg thought he was but I've never heard for sure, and I miss him and his charming family!  :(
I'm going to make a point of checking in here more often and letting y'all in on the gossip from out here in the far west.
So long for now,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:38:38 am »
I still try to check-in at least once a day. It's sad to see that many of the old timers seem to have disappeared. I still keep busy scrolling almost every day; Between making Intarsias and small toy cars for charity it keeps me out of my wife's hair, LOL.  So far, for this year, I have over 1,000 cars cut, ready to sand and put wheels on.  I'll be heading out to the workshop to start sanding when i finish this post. Everyone have a good day.

Al
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 01:27:58 am »
Im okay. I miss getting on here more often. Been busy with full time work, working on a Masters, helping with Trail Life USA (Christian version of scouting) and being happily married. I am working on my saw some every now and then....but life does get busy.

SMF

Teknoromi