Author Topic: problem ( I Think )  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Shufflex

• View Profile
problem ( I Think )
« on: October 29, 2017, 03:28:31 pm »
I don't think this is a problem yet but I do believe it could soon become one.

Firstly let me apologize for all of the questions I seem to be asking, your answers have been of great help to me.

I have noticed that when I cut out a shape/hole that the wood only seems to come out of the top. To get it out of the underside of the wood I need to apply a little pressure on it.
What would be causing this?

I have checked my blade ( Still the factory fitted one ) and it seems to be straight, although it is to the left a little and not dead center of the bed, could it be possible that this would be causing the problem?

Thank you

Gary
Asking for help is not a weakness

Offline Donrob

• View Profile
    • Old Crow Scrollwerks
Re: problem ( I Think )
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:09:07 pm »
Your blade is not perpendicular to the table
Don R
CUSTOM DESIGNED SCROLL SAW PATTERNS
www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com

Offline justlarry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:29:22 pm »

"I have checked my blade ( Still the factory fitted one ) and it seems to be straight, although it is to the left a little and not dead center of the bed, could it be possible that this would be causing the problem?"

You have identified the problem.

Larry

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 11:20:52 pm »
Blade is not 90 degrees to the table, a trick is take a scrap cut thats tall enough to fit under with it being hit with the saw running, cut into just deep as the balde is thick, then move it behind the blade if the blade slides in the same cut you made in front the blade is 90 degrees to the table if not make slight adjustments and keep trying, or find a small square and check it.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 01:06:35 pm »
A quick easy....if you don't have a square or protractor small enough to fit under the arm....is to use a plastic credit card as a square. Just set the long edge of the card on the table and slide the short side up to the blade and see if there is a gap between the credit card and the blade. If there is, you can adjust the table to get a 90 degree angle and if necessary you can adjust the angle gauge under the table.
Also by cutting a short (1/2") straight line into a thicker (1-1/2' to 2") piece of wood and then trying to slide the short cut into the blade from the back side. This is a "GO NO GO" method. If it goes in easy, you are at 90 if it won't slide in straight, you need to make an adjustment.
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:19:01 pm »
Putting too much side pressure on the blade, while cutting, can contribute to this as well.
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

SMF

Teknoromi