Author Topic: Chinese Zodiac Patterns  (Read 1356 times)

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
Chinese Zodiac Patterns
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:41:27 pm »
Chinese Zodiac Patterns
I’ll start with the background story.
It started in the 80’s with our three children – the oldest has very blond hair, the second has brown hair and the youngest has red hair. (genetics, not postman) We received comments from many people and my flippant answer was “we were going to try for one with black hair, but I read that every fourth child born in the world is Chinese, so we decided to stop at three.”
Fast forward about 20 years to our daughter’s wedding. The young man she married has very black hair. And here is the part that proves to me that there is a God and that He has a sense of humor. The young man is Chinese.
I am searching for patterns of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac to give as gifts for my son-in-law’s family in China.
The animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig.
I have found suitable patterns for the dragon and the goat. There are also many tiger patterns out there, but most of the rest are eluding me.
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

SMF

Teknoromi