Author Topic: Dewalt vs. Delta Scroll Saw  (Read 2953 times)

Offline dsrussell@comcast.net

• View Profile
Dewalt vs. Delta Scroll Saw
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:38:58 pm »
Hello, I'm David and a relative new comer to scrolling.  Have used a very inexpensive ($79.00) Harbor Freight scroll saw since I started the hobby about a year or so ago.  I am now hooked!  I am looking to get a much better saw and have looked at the DW788 and the Delta 40-694.  From what I have heard the Delta is made by the same company that makes the Dewalt and the parts are interchangeable.  The Delta is about $100 cheaper and has a couple features that the Dewalt does not have (i.e. Arm lift lock).  I never see anyone with the Delta, seems everyone prefers the Dewalt.  Apparently there is a reason other than price to consider.  Would someone help me by explaining the pros and cons of the saws?  Thanks, I love the hobby.

Offline busco

• View Profile
Re: Dewalt vs. Delta Scroll Saw
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:53:59 am »
I have that very same Delta for about 3 years now and have not had any problems with it.  The Dewalt I have never used but From the postings here, there is a Type 1(the older version) and the Type 2(the newer version).  A lot of people here have had both and could speak of the differences between the two versions of Dewalts.  But.. I like my Delta and so far so good.  Welcome to the forum by the way and the best bunch of people are here to answer any questions and offer help.  I have learned a lot by just reading then cutting wood, good luck

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:01:14 am »
Thanks for the response to my inquiry.  I have looked at the specs on both saws and they are identical.  Very helpful response.  I think I'll go with the Delta. Thanks again.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:09 am »
It might be helpful to go here and select the saw you want, click on it and scroll down to read comments from owners. 

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/articles/resources/scroll-saw-manufacturers/

Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
Very good info. Thanks

SMF

Teknoromi