Author Topic: Hey Ya'all  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
Hey Ya'all
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:49:00 pm »
Hello, my name is Ray and I go by Octoolguy as I used to sell tools here in Orange County, Cal. U.S.A. I just joined the forum here today and I want to say thanks to Steve Good for putting this together.

I first got interested in scroll saw marquetry a couple of years ago but have been slow to get up and running. Many other things have taken precedence but now I am freed up. I bought a used DW788 type 1 and have been busy getting it all squared away and building a stand for it as the tubular stand that came with it was junk. That is now done and I am ready to learn the art of scroll sawing. I hope to learn a lot from hanging out here and at other scroll saw forums.

Ray
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Hey Ya'all
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:21:33 pm »
Welcome,
This is a great place to learn about your new hobby and you can probably
help some of us with tips and advice so, settle in and enjoy!
Please post pics of your crafts
God Bless!! Spirithorse

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:32:32 am »
Hello, my name is Ray and I go by Octoolguy as I used to sell tools here in Orange County, Cal. U.S.A. I just joined the forum here today and I want to say thanks to Steve Good for putting this together.

I first got interested in scroll saw marquetry a couple of years ago but have been slow to get up and running. Many other things have taken precedence but now I am freed up. I bought a used DW788 type 1 and have been busy getting it all squared away and building a stand for it as the tubular stand that came with it was junk. That is now done and I am ready to learn the art of scroll sawing. I hope to learn a lot from hanging out here and at other scroll saw forums.

Ray
Scroll saw marquetry is the same as "Double bevel inlay"  .... I think.  I do a lot of it and it is fun.  Welcome.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline justlarry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:31:44 am »
Welcome Paul.

I'm Larry from Clyde, TX. You should recognize some of the folks here. (I am Just Larry from SSV and a few other scrolling forums.)

Larry

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 02:01:40 am »
Thanks for the welcome folks. I do have a question maybe you can help with. I have looked around but can't find any "like" buttons or anything like that. Is there a way to respond to anybody's post besides actually doing a reply? Am I missing something?

Ray
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

SMF

Teknoromi