Author Topic: UPDATE ON ....STICK N PEEL.... :+}  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
UPDATE ON ....STICK N PEEL.... :+}
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:33:03 pm »
I am a Happy Camper with using this product.  Need to Master the best way to stick it on.
Last time was a Breeze.  So it is Very Sticky.  I sprayed my pattern back and top of stick n peel.
Probably a over kill with the glue, but....  So I completed the cutting.  Had my guess over 50
inside cuts.  All peeled off with very little trouble.  Did not leave any glue residue at all.  Was Happy.
Lil final sanding and was ready to apply a finish. 

SIDE NOTE.  I have been Happy with applying NOTHING on the wood blank.  Just spray glue to the
back side of the pattern.  Directly onto the wood. 

To remove pattern it was a Spray of Mineral Spirits.  After a lil while pattern lifted off in ONE PIECE.
Drawback to doing it this way is that the Spray Glue WILL leave the glue residue. 

Think will stick to using the ................STICK N PEEL................................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: UPDATE ON ....STICK N PEEL.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »
I use the blue tape which acts much like that sick n peel except that it is cheaper, each to their own.  You might even be able to print the pattern on the sick n peel then you will not have to worry about any spray glue residue.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
What kind of problems are you having to get it on? You can go to hobby lobby and look for what they call a brayer, its bascally a roller with a rubber compound on it. Can use it to roll over the peel adn stick to lay out flat, or find type of something like a old experied creadit card to get all teh air bubble out.

I used gull sheet shipping labels print on it, peel and stick, covered in clear packing type 2 reason, to keep the ink from smearing and for me allows me to gripe to project to move, without tape my fingers slide to easy on the paper.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »
Should of mentioned.  Only that very first time using it did I have trouble getting it on
without a bunch of wrinkles.  Learned as I went to Proper way to apply.  Live n Learn.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »
I had that issue using tape even the full sheet shipping labels, why I mentioned a old credit card or even gift cards work great for this even spreading glue. Old used gift cards are everywhere.

SMF

Teknoromi