Author Topic: UPDATE FROM USING....WINDOWS 10....PLUS A QUESTION.... :+}  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
UPDATE FROM USING....WINDOWS 10....PLUS A QUESTION.... :+}
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:19:58 pm »
Had to buy a NEW COMPUTER due to Something Freezing mine to not work anymore.  Oh well it was going
on 8 years old anyway.  So this one is a HP.  It came with Windows 10.  Was a somewhat pain during the
learning process, but NOTHING serious.  Is Purring like a Kitten now.  Lots of differences between the Windows 7.
Or was it 8.  Know was Vista.  Anyway I did learn by Asking Questions and relying on my Good Friend Mr. Google. :+}

Now Question....  Windows 10 uses EDGE as the Default where I have been using Firefox like forever. 
                          For those of you already into Windows 10 and EDGE I would really love to learn more
                          about whether I should change or not change to it.  Any comments are Very much Welcome.
  Danny  :+}

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: UPDATE FROM USING....WINDOWS 10....PLUS A QUESTION.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:46 pm »
Danny,
I have been using EDGE, CHROME and there have not been many issues.  You can easily run both.  I have found that if you keep it really simple and use EDGE that comes with it then while a bit strange at first is easy to learn.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:30:12 pm »
Hi DW....  My first time of using I came to Logging into say Yahoo or Facebook.  Normally using Firefox
all the log in names and passwords were saved and automatic with just a click of the first letter. 

Did not have any way to log in except for typing the name and password.  So went back to using
Firefox and all is Good at present.                      Maybe I stay with Firefox.    Thanks for your input.  Danny  :+}

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:12:27 am »
I use Edge as I was used to IE and I have found it works fine for me.  I don't know Firefox but you can easily work with both.

Edge has a setting to save passwords.  Go to setting the ... in top right corner and got to settings and then advance settings.  I don't use so I can't give more info.

I have chrome loaded on my computer and use sometimes but I still prefer Edge as I find Chrome is slower.

I did find an app to manage edge favorites and I am very happy to navigate around.

My suggestion is to use what you are most comfortable with.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:18:18 am »
Thanks Don....Your words remind me of the saying.  Words of Wisdom. 
Might give Edge another go DTR. 
And I feel more like you say.  Whatever we feel more Comfortable with.
Thanks again.                Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi