Author Topic: Call me Iggy (Scott Seifer)  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Iguanadon

• View Profile
Call me Iggy (Scott Seifer)
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:24:37 am »
Hi All,

Steve was kind enough to showcase a couple of videos I created recently and then he wrote a glowing review of my booth based on pictures I sent him, I figure I should officially say "Hello".

I am humbled by what Steve said about my videos and my booth setup and I greatly appreciate the kind words.  I wasn't aware that my little videos would be of interest to so many. I created them to share with a handful of fellow scrollers who had recently shown interest in the puzzles that I make.  I was shocked when I found out that Steve had shared them here on his site.  Now I wish I had put a little more effort into them.  ;-)

I have heard from several of you and I am thrilled that Harvey Byler's animal puzzle patterns are having a resurgence.  He does amazing work and I'm thrilled to work with him to help sell his art.  You can see all 600+ of his patterns at Wooden Teddy Bear.  http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/x/home.php?cat=100

I am still new at all of this having only been scrolling for 2 years.  I started making and selling the animal puzzles just 15 months ago and it has been quite a whirlwind of a year.  My puzzles don't come close to comparing to the true artwork that many of you do with your saws, but I enjoy making them.  It's very relaxing to me.

I'm happy to share more background, lessons learned, failures and successes with everyone if interested.  I have enjoyed every minute of it.  This is still a hobby for me as I work full time (from home).  But I've sold several hundred puzzles in the past 15 months, all at craft events and my local farmers market.

I'm leaving today to head to Cary NC for Lazy Daze which runs Saturday and Sunday.  Then I'm supposed to fly out early Monday morning on a business trip if Hurricane Harvey doesn't nix it so I will be out of touch for the next 5 or 6 days.  Let me hear from you if you'd like to know anything and I'll do my best to catch up with everything upon my return.

I do plan on making a video tomorrow morning as I setup my booth for Lazy Daze which I will share with Steve and everyone else.

Thank you again for the kind words many of you have tossed my way and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

www.WoodcraftByScott.com
facebook.com/WoodcraftByScott

Iggy
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:12:24 am by Iguanadon »

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Call me Iggy (Scott Seifer)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 06:05:08 pm »
Welcome Iggy (Scott) to the forum. 

I will also complement you on the tables as they look very professional!  Your cutting is spot on as well.

Karl

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
Re: Call me Iggy (Scott Seifer)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:02:58 am »
you're to modest, Iggy! Admit it! You're a puzzle man in hiding! ;D
Sawdust703(Brad)

SMF

Teknoromi