Author Topic: Dragon vase  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Gabe

• View Profile
Dragon vase
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:55:53 am »
The dragon vase on steve's catalog. How do you cut 45 angles on each side. I'm having a brain fart trying to picture it. Please explain like I'm 4years old lol..Thanks for any help.

Gabe

Offline 3Dface

• getting hooked on wood.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon vase
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:19 am »
The dragon vase on steve's catalog. How do you cut 45 angles on each side. I'm having a brain fart trying to picture it. Please explain like I'm 4years old lol..Thanks for any help.

Gabe

i have only done this move once.
you tilt the saw's table to 45deg for all the long side edges and be sure to keep the edge being cut on the same lower side of the blade.
that is from my whole 1 year of owning a scroll saw.
good cutting,
chris

Offline Gabe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:49 am »
Thanks, wow going to be a hard cut keeping it on the lines. I can picture it now, if done right, it will look great.

Gabe

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 03:17:30 am »

Gabe

45 degree cuts are made using your saw having the blade or the table tilted at a 45 degree angle.  Most saws out there the table tilts but ones like the excalibur the table stays put and the part that holds the blade tilts.  Either way one has to make an entry hole ( if the angle cut is going to be made on an inside cut ) at 45 degrees and then do the cut.  It takes a bit if practice to get smooth, consistent cuts.  Practice is the key.  For that project however it is not real difficult as it is all straight lines that need to be at the 45 degrees.  One could use a disk sander or band saw or table saw to get the required 45 degree angles.

DW
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:20:32 am by DWSudekum »
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

SMF

Teknoromi