Author Topic: Need info very Frustrated  (Read 2620 times)

Offline jerr7

• View Profile
Need info very Frustrated
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:54:00 pm »
HI , does anyone know SD GOOD or anyone? I ordered Saw Blades from Lesleys Patterns as seems they small business, on Jan 29th supposed they mailed on Jan31 i still haven't received them also i emailed them and called them seems the email address isn't available after 5 try got mback unable to deliver, I call their Phone and also to noavail. Anyone know if they went out of business? or Mr SD GOOD do you have any info
jerr7

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Need info very Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
Jerr7 I have not had dealings with Lesleys Patterns.   They claim to be the sole distributor of FLying Dutchman blade however Mike who developed the Flying Dutchman Branding sold everything to I believe the Wooden Teddy Bear.  You can still get great service by going to www.mikesworkshop.com.  I ordered from them 5 days ago and got them this afternoon.  Might wish to bookmark them.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:51:57 pm »
Mike was the only authorized distributor in the world for FD blades but he had several dealers who purchased from  him and she is one of them.  However i don't know her relationship with wtb since mikes retirement and subsequent passing.

I have heard they are very difficult to contact.  I would go to wtb for my blade needs.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Dustbowl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:59:58 am »
I have a Wen scroll saw and it works fine with pin blades, but I can't get the pin less ones to stay.  I have loosen the tension to where it's almost sloppy and it still comes out of mostly the bottom.  I wonder how you feel about the Wen products? 
I'm thinking about getting the Porter Cable one, when I find the money.
Does the PorterCable have the same problem?
ED

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »
Ed have you tried taking a piece of sandpaper to the bottom part of the blade to roughen it up and perhaps doing the same to the bottom holder?  Might be worth a try if you have not tried it.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
Could have oil from the blades on the blade holder, using rubbing alcohol will take it off and clean it up. Ray from Seyco said for the EX not sure about others do not sand the blade clamps there is a very thin coating that holds the blade and sanding to rough them up takes it off and blade slipping will happen worse.

Offline Al

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »
I'v been scrolling for about 4 years now, and I started to use the FD blades about 1 year in, and I fell in love with them. I have tried other blades, and always came back to the FD. I have always purchased my blades from the wtb and have had no problems. I live in Canada and have had no issues, it only takes about 1 week for the order to get to me, and I find that there are very good at there job. I hope this helps

Al   

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 06:15:41 pm »
I'v been scrolling for about 4 years now, and I started to use the FD blades about 1 year in, and I fell in love with them. I have tried other blades, and always came back to the FD. I have always purchased my blades from the wtb and have had no problems. I live in Canada and have had no issues, it only takes about 1 week for the order to get to me, and I find that there are very good at there job. I hope this helps

Al

If you go to mikes website you still get them from WTB but they have had a agreement with mike to honor Mike's prices on his website. You might get them a tad cheaper then going directly to WTB to order the FD blades.

SMF

Teknoromi