Author Topic: Got a new DeWalt saw under warranty!  (Read 1602 times)

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Got a new DeWalt saw under warranty!
« on: August 04, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »
Well I got a new saw out of the problems I had.

I didn't want to say anything until the new saw was in hand!

I got a hold of DeWalt customer service (by phone) and they had not received a message I Emailed them regarding the problem (with photos).  I resent the photos, but they also told me they would have to talk to the manager of the service center and I should expect a response in a few days.  Well a Email to me a short time later said the manager would be out until the 31st. (Monday last)  (This conversation was on the 25th.) 

So the next day I get a call at home from the service center and they apologized for the condition and said the shipper must have damaged it.   :o
He said he would warranty the saw and he got one ordered to be sent to me.  I packaged up the saw and Thursday they picked up and Friday it was delivered to the service center.

Yesterday I received the new saw!

I am happy with the customer service and I'm glad they took care of the problem.

On a side note:  I asked the service center rep why they etched the service order number on the housing of the motor and he said "they always do because not everyone saves their receipt".  I asked if I were to send a saw in the future could they put the number somewhere else? (Like under the stand housing?)  He said they could that I would just have to it them know.

I did find this explanation a bit bogus as the motor has a unique number and they would keep their own records which is all they would need!

Anyway I was happy to get a new saw now without the issues and now I'm ready to start cutting again......but can I?  I will post another topic regarding the new saw and it's operation.

Karl

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
Re: Got a new DeWalt saw under warranty!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:56 pm »
getting that new saw sounds like a good service to me!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
Re: Got a new DeWalt saw under warranty!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »
Seems like the "service center" needs some schooling on customer service. And I don't believe for a minute that the shipper did all that damage. How in the world was it packaged for shipment?

Ray

Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

SMF

Teknoromi