Author Topic: HELLOOOO  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
HELLOOOO
« on: June 09, 2017, 12:23:32 pm »
 ;D Hello is anybody out there??? ??? I complain about winter here in North Dakota but summer yard work keeps me away from the saw :P  I have deccided sleep is for sissys.  ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: HELLOOOO
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:25:45 pm »
Hi Judy.  You are right, the Coffee Shop has been quiet lately.

I've been around the forum but haven't been doing a lot of sawing.  Actually not doing much of anything (retirement is nice) and recently haven't found anything I wanted to post in this part of the forum.

We all need to get posting - use it or loose it?
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 04:33:45 pm »
Been tried in other forums ... the forum lost eventually too many folks.  Like y'all I have been scrolling but nothing worth posting.  I made my 385th bank yesterday... it gets tiring.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 06:41:02 pm »
Doing yard work here in Texas where it is already hot. hot. hot! I had rather be scrolling!! Just told my wife I am getting too old for trimming around the trees and hedges and fences. Don't mind the mowing early when it is cool, but that is about all the yard work I want to do now at 74 years old.LOL

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 08:50:25 am »
Like Toneman, I have been busy with yard work and at 74 my work time between rest time is getting shorter. Here in Nipawin Saskatchewan our winters are long and our summers are beautiful and growth is rapid.This takes me out of the shop. but I did cut out a carving blank and set by the carving tools as well as prepared some scrolling patterns onto Baltic ply just in case we get a rainy day. As I walked passed my Dewalt the other day,I gave it a friendly stroke on the table top; I swear I heard a very quiet giggle from her.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:53:53 am »
Hey Norm, we are almost neighbours - sort of.  Grew up in Birch Hills and still believe that Saskatchewan, especially our part, is the best place to live.  (And I don't want to start a debate - to each his own.)

Have a god day everyone.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 01:51:35 pm »
Yes Norm, my saw talks to me too.   ;)
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »
I could only wish I could be in the shop making sawdust with anything, but sadly all my stuff everything I own is in storage. I lost my house to a foreclosure and having to live with my mother in law. I could spend time with my dad in his shop working with him, but I am so busy I don't have much time for free time, I work long hours driving a dump truck, plus I have yards to mow Saturday morning, then the mother in laws yard I mow Sunday's which takes about half the day she lives in BFE, then its tiem for laundry, and all that jazz.

I could make time and stay with dad on saturday's to work with him, kinda been teaching him tricks I have learned to make him do it right and easier, which is fun and do enjoy ebing in the shop with dad while I have that time to do it.

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:32:48 am »
I am full of excuses. My pic tower died and I can't reduce photos on my iPad to post.  :(  Then after the 1st of the year I got a virus know labeled as PMR inflamation. My hands blow up and have NO strength to tighten a blade holder. The final blow is finding the steroid they give me has the side affect of increasing cataract deteration. Haven't scrolled since Feb. '17.  And yes Tonman yard work is now in season. Baa Humbug.  Can'teven mow so I hire my grandson. There should be a gated community center for us seniors providing any/all medical needs, with a community center full of good shop machine/tools, and of course, a good coffee corner with a computer or two for posting. Judy I'll try to do better now that I've been diagnosed.  Cheers Brian

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 01:31:51 pm »
 ;) Hey Brian, I really like your idea of a gated community.  I have the land now we just need to find a scrollsawing millionaire to finance it.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 09:15:16 am »
 enjoying the chatter, never  on a chat group before. JSCOTT2 replied that he had been a nieghbor to me from Birch Hills Saskatchewan. been to Birch Hills many times. Stayed in that town when I worked on a bridge building project in 1969 

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 10:35:09 am »
Judy - Haven't they found oil on your land yet? Your our "sugar Momma" :)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 11:57:03 am »
 ::)The only oil on my land is what I spill changing oil on my ATV, 4-wheeler,or quad what ever you call it.  I am old and shaky and spill a lot but no big oil company has offered to come clean it up  >:(
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »
Hi Judy....I haven't been on this site for quite a while :'(, however, since my retirement life has slowed down a bit, I am hoping I will be back here :) and possibly do some portrait patterns for members if they need them. My saw is dusty but hope to rectify that too...Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 10:58:54 am »
I finished an anniversary project a month ago that went to Ohio, shortly after that, I started another project & the bottom bearing on the pitman arm went out. So, I was hung waitin' on parts. In the meantime, my allergies kicked in, BIG TIME! I managed to get an ear & sinus infection. Been fightin' that for goin' on a month. My Sawbones gave me antibiotics, & grounded me from the shop til the dizzy spells quit :-[ hopefully today or tomorrow I can get back to the shop. I've got parts for the Hawk, so I can get it back together & finish that project. And get started on a quilt ladder for a customer.
Sawdust703(Brad)

SMF

Teknoromi