Author Topic: Sheepdog and Hare  (Read 240 times)

Offline Claymore

• Greetings from Galloway (Scotland)
    • View Profile
Sheepdog and Hare
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
Hi,
I have finished a couple of Intarsia's that have been hanging around for a few weeks now  :D first time actually making stuff in the workshop and didn't do too bad but 3 hrs was plenty for today but with a bit more adapting I should be back on with the big stuff (i have 4 already started but too fiddly at the moment)
I have done quite a few of the Hares and Sheepdogs so nice easy ones to work on, the dogs approx 20" x 11" x 1" and the Hare is 14" x 10" x 1" and both are made from an old pine table top so no exotics today.
Nowt exciting but its a start, My glue gun arrived yesterday so I glued the pieces onto a piece of corian held in the vice so i can sand/shape them with one hand  :lol: it worked ok so will experiment more as i can see it being a great help in the future especially with the fine work.......the big Barn Owl i am working on is 240+ pieces so far and the glue gun will be ideal for holding the individual feathers etc.

Any hope ya like em and glad to be butchering wood again........having a rest tomorrow lol

Cheers
Brian
Galloway in Scotland

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Sheepdog and Hare
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »
Hi I,m Norm from Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada Your sheep dog and hare look great

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:20:59 PM »
Beautifully done! Love it   :)
mahendra

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:35:48 AM »
Very nice Brian, You did a excellent job shaping both pieces. They look great.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Brian,
Well done really like the Sheepdog.
Mark

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

SMF

Teknoromi