Author Topic: Sheepdog and Hare  (Read 3109 times)

Claymore

Sheepdog and Hare
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:35:31 pm »
Hi,
I have finished a couple of Intarsia's that have been hanging around for a few weeks now  :D first time actually making stuff in the workshop and didn't do too bad but 3 hrs was plenty for today but with a bit more adapting I should be back on with the big stuff (i have 4 already started but too fiddly at the moment)
I have done quite a few of the Hares and Sheepdogs so nice easy ones to work on, the dogs approx 20" x 11" x 1" and the Hare is 14" x 10" x 1" and both are made from an old pine table top so no exotics today.
Nowt exciting but its a start, My glue gun arrived yesterday so I glued the pieces onto a piece of corian held in the vice so i can sand/shape them with one hand  :lol: it worked ok so will experiment more as i can see it being a great help in the future especially with the fine work.......the big Barn Owl i am working on is 240+ pieces so far and the glue gun will be ideal for holding the individual feathers etc.

Any hope ya like em and glad to be butchering wood again........having a rest tomorrow lol

Cheers
Brian

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Sheepdog and Hare
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:07:44 pm »
Hi I,m Norm from Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada Your sheep dog and hare look great

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:20:59 pm »
Beautifully done! Love it   :)
mahendra

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:35:48 am »
Very nice Brian, You did a excellent job shaping both pieces. They look great.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:39:13 am »
Brian,
Well done really like the Sheepdog.
Mark

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935
2021 Hawk 20" and Porter Cable 18"

Offline dmaiden70

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 06:29:22 pm »
Wow. Really nice job.

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 05:52:54 am »
The sheepdog only one thing missing Claymore that I think you could pay more attention to,
I Don't see it breathing, truly fantastic.  ;)

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 09:29:06 am »
Both are great.  Very nice work.  In our part of the country, your Sheepdog would be called a Border Collie.
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Claymore

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
Thanks everyone and glad you like them 8-) aye we call them Border Collies too.........its all farming here so plenty of Collies about.....but recently one or two of the farmers have started to use small Drones up in the mountains to check on their sheep..they just sit in their pickups with a monitor they won't replace the dogs though.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 06:15:36 pm »
Holy COW! Don't count on it they will be herding the sheep with drones in the future.  Would have never thought of that use of drones...  They are going to retire us all, man and beast!   :-X
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:17:47 pm by scrappile »
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

SMF

Teknoromi