Author Topic: Bent DeWalt Scroll saw arm  (Read 1925 times)

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Bent DeWalt Scroll saw arm
« on: May 07, 2017, 10:59:57 pm »
Well when I first got my saw a while ago I jumped right into cutting.  After a while I noticed I was moving to the left more than I was before.  After a while I looked closer at the saw.  The top arm is "bent" toward the left.  (See photo)

The blade is on the center of the opening so a straight arm would require other changes.

Both my wife and I have had no problem cutting, but like I said I am now left of center when working at my saw.

If any DeWalt users would check their saw for the same problem I would appreciate it.  Since the saw is just two months old there is still warranty.

Is this a "returnable" offense?

Karl

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
Re: Bent DeWalt Scroll saw arm
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:14:16 am »
ya don't mind me askin' Mr. Carl, how long have ya had the saw, where did ya purchase it? Sometimes if its within the warranty time, the seller may replace the saw with a new one & be done with it. Be worth a try.
Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline APG (Al)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:50 pm »
Today was the 1st time I had a chance to look my saw over and I don't find any bend in the top arm.

Al

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »
I know you'll gone through a lot of hoops to get back at sawing - but - I'd sent it back and ask for a replacement. Amazon has a great return policy.  I think if you keep the saw the "bend" is only going to put excessive wear on the bearing on one/both sides of the head and going to need down time later.  Just my two cents :).  Cheers Brian B

SMF

Teknoromi