Author Topic: Top Clamp knob for Seyco ST-21  (Read 2166 times)

Offline vannchan

• View Profile
Top Clamp knob for Seyco ST-21
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:10:14 pm »
I watched your video review of Seyco's ST-21.  I went t to Seyco today to see it and the JET scrollsaw.  Overall I do like the Seyco better, but I must admit I like the top clamp of the JET better.  My question here - where can I get a knob for the top clamp as you had on the ST-21 which you used for your video?  Thanks.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Top Clamp knob for Seyco ST-21
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:15:40 am »
I'm not Steve but I think he has installed the knob and screw for the "Quick Clamp" available from Advance Machinery.  https://www.advmachinery.com/products/hegner-quickclamp  the black clamp will not work on the Seyco saw, but the knob and screw well.  Makes it an expensive knob if you have to buy it that way.  It is a great one to have though.  I have a Hegner with one and would not be without it.
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Offline vannchan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:49:32 pm »
I am hooping Steve will get the time to post a link for the knob he used - maybe it won't be quite as expensive.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:23:34 am »
Those knobs are made by a gentleman down in Georgia by the name of Marcus Bailey. You can reach him at 404-274-2532. He prefers calls but his email is scrollsawcomfortknob@gmail.com. He may be a little slow answering the email so be patient. They are $15 each and there are two sizes. I prefer the larger knob but the smaller one
does give more distance between your fingers and the wood.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 09:51:41 am »
Good info, Steve and that makes it a lot cheaper than the Hegner option.  I'm I correct in assuming it will work in an Excalibur as well?  As a caution though one has to be careful, it gives more leverage, and you are screwing a steal nut into aluminum.  Could strip the threads pretty easily.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:00:39 am by scrappile »
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

SMF

Teknoromi