Author Topic: Opinions on the PORTER-CABLE 1.6-Amp Variable Speed Scroll Saw?  (Read 1750 times)

Offline kim12345

• View Profile
I'm looking to buy my first scroll saw.  I was looking at a WEN but it seems it is hard to deal with pinless blades with that one.  Has anyone used a Porter Cable saw for fretwork?  Dewalt is a bit beyond my budget so I was looking for something a little cheaper just to get started with. 

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Opinions on the PORTER-CABLE 1.6-Amp Variable Speed Scroll Saw?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 10:53:19 am »
I do not own one, have not even looked at one, but if it is a help go here:

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/12302-porter-cable-pcb375ss-saw-details-user-reviews/

You can scroll down and read the reviews of owners for this saw. 
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:55:17 am »
I talked a buddy of mine into the Porter Cable because it was rated the best saw in it's price range.  I have used it a few times to show him things.  It's way better than my first saw, which was a Dremel.  It's not bad.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:36:21 am »
It is similar to the Hitachi CW40 which I used extensively until I wore it out.  These are the top of the sub $200 range saws.  I found it to be a good saw to learn on and it really got me interested in getting a Dewalt when I had the money saved up ( limited fixed income ).  If you do decide to get one you will enjoy it.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:19:41 am »
DW brought back Memories of my First Two Scroll Saws....  Hitichi and then one like yours.  Porter Cable....

Both saws were sort of the Cheapest at that time.  Both proved to be Good saws, but just didn't last'
that long.  Think both were made on the Cheap side to keep costs down.

When I got my Hegner Everything Changed.  Like Night and Day. 

Enjoy this Hobby to the most.  All here will gladly lend assistance when needed....................         Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi