Author Topic: Pattern Design Software  (Read 2126 times)

Offline kim12345

• View Profile
Pattern Design Software
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:08:10 am »
Hello,

I was curious, what software do you use when creating scroll saw designs?  I am new to scroll saw.  My background is in hand embroidery.  I design patterns for that using a software package designed specifically for the types of cloth we use, so I was just wondering if scroll saw just uses generic things like CAD and photoshop or if there are specific programs out there for scroll saw design. 

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Pattern Design Software
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:32 am »
I think the most commonly used softwares are Gimp and Inkscape.  Gimp for pictures and Inkscape for the word patterns.  The are also used together, do some on one, load the project on the other and finish it.  Both are free down loadable software.  I have both, but have not figured it out yet.  There are many great tutorials on Youtube on how to use them.  I have heard of others that people use, Coyote, Adobe something.. and some others.  Charles Dearing, one of the most noted picture type pattern makers does it the old fashion way, least it appeared that way from one of his tutorials, he traces the picture by hand.
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

SMF

Teknoromi