Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 85036 times)

Offline Vickie

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2016, 01:54:37 am »
Hello.  My name is Vickie. I took a five year break from my saws. The last few months I have gotten back the urge to cut again. You see five years ago almost to the day my son was killed in Afghanistan. I didn't think I would ever cut again. Had I not continued to receive the emails from Steve Good I probably would never have gotten the desire to cut again. I look forward to chat with everyone.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:48 am »
Hello Vickie and welcome back to the addiction.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I'm Julie from Texas.  We are glad you've joined us.

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »
G'Day Vickie, that is the great part about this forum, you get support in all manner of forms. Welcome back to scrolling.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2016, 12:48:48 am »
Hi I am new to this not sure how it works but here goes, I live in Tennessee and found that the wood work done by scroll saw was beautiful and I told myself I want to learn it so I went out bought a scroll saw and am going to try it out me and fiance want to start a business when we retire we are truck drivers so it is a little hard when we are only home 1 weekend out of the month but am glad to be here.

Offline Cupcak3s

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2016, 11:07:33 am »
Ok I don't know if I'm doing this right but here goes.......I'm Darlene from South Central Idaho, retired baker and chef.  Have had a scroll saw for a number of years.  I may have even used it years ago, just don't remember what or when.  Any who now that I'm retired I want to get back to it.  I'm impressed with this site and all that Steve does.  Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share too.  I have much to learn, and a lot of patterns to try...

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2016, 02:16:51 pm »
Hi and welcome.  I'm Nancy from Washington state.  You're going to love getting into this hobby and fully exploring it.  This site will give you tons of advice, and all of Steve's patterns are free...my favorite price!
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2016, 05:43:13 am »
Hi Darlene and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you are here.

Offline firstmuller

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »
Thank you for letting me join. I am from Brookings, SD and nor very good at scrolling but am having fun.
Allen

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2017, 06:58:14 am »
Hi Allen and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you. 

Offline rmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2017, 10:45:52 pm »
Good evening; Thank You for letting me join. Just purchased my 1st Dewalt Scroll Saw and looking to have a lot of fun here in Downey, Ca.

Offline hangman

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2017, 10:15:24 am »
Hi, My name is hangman. I am from Boulder, CO and have been making furniture and cabinets as a hobby for the past thirty years and just now thinking of taking up scroll sawing as a new hobby. Been researching all of the saws out there and leaning toward the DeWalt since I need to keep my initial investment in the more reasonable range. This site is wonderful. 

Thanks,

Offline toller

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2017, 12:41:44 pm »
Hello people; I'm new to the forum. About me-Toller, my handle, is from having had a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, toller for short. He was a fantastic dog. Actual identity Leo Weisman from Saint Charles, Missouri.

I'm only now trying to become good at using the scroll saw though have noodled around with them for many years and owned many. I now have a Delta 20" 40-694 Variable Speed Scroll Saw. I have found it helps to be a part of a woodworking community to move forward. I joined the St. Louis Woodworker's Guild www.slwg.org/ 2 years ago and learned of this forum from one of our masters in fretwork and every sanding method known to mankind. I'm at best a very experienced, knowledgeable, mediocre woodwork but that doesn't deter me. Seeing the members fretwork and pierced bowls, 3D ornaments and Intrasia have finally pulled me in.

So it is practice, practice practice; learning to follow a line and not crowd the blade, buying good blades and learning some amount of patience. As originally equipped, I didn't have any.

Glad to be able to join you
leo weisman
toller@aol.com
leo weisman
saint charles, missouri

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #342 on: April 11, 2017, 01:03:54 am »
Welcome Leo to the forum and the wonderful folks that visit here.  I am DW from Mentor, Ohio.  Looking forward to seeing some of your work... we like pictures :)  Feel free to ask questions someone will surely have an answer for you.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2017, 06:51:36 am »
Hi Leo and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  You are right, patience and practice.  Relax and enjoy.

Offline steven.mcdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 24, 2017, 02:46:24 pm »
Hello Steve,

My wife and I have recently started scroll sawing and after about 9 months, I think it is safe to say that we are obsessed with all things scroll saw. Thank you for all the terrific free online patterns, we even purchased one of your pattern catalog DVD's. Terrific site! Long live the Scrollsaw Workshop website!

SMF

Teknoromi