Author Topic: Excalibur/Axminster EX30 Dust Extraction Mods  (Read 2368 times)

Claymore

Excalibur/Axminster EX30 Dust Extraction Mods
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:35 pm »
Hi,
Here`s a link to a post i made to the UK scrollsaw forum regarding dust extraction on my EX30 scrollsaw, its quite a neat mod and is much better than the standard set up. In my other posts about the Bouncy Castle Blower Dust Extractor it explains how i did the project (you can also use any extractor with a 100mm port.
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post1136759.html#p1136759
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/workshop-hacks-t102950.html

Cheers
Brian

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Excalibur/Axminster EX30 Dust Extraction Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:43:19 am »
Very clever Claymore! I like it! I do simply cannot find a shop vac that will hold up to 5 hr of scrolling! The motors just do not last. I have no room for a dust collector and have tried to plug in the shop vac into my foot control but the constant stopping and starting seems to burn up the motors on the shop vacs; so I just put up with the dust and vac up at the end of the day.

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:21:42 pm »
I have a pieced together dust control system very similar to the new Scrollnado, which takes the dust away right by the hole, both at the top and bottom of the table.  Works very well with my Fein vacuum.  They are quite pricey...around $400, and even they don't last forever.  I've been scrolling for about 15 years, and am on my third vacuum. 

I use my saw many hours a day, but don't have the vac hooked in with the saw.  As was stated, the constant on-off really shortens the life of the vac, and at that price, I don't want anything to shorten it!
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:34:08 pm »
I like you dust set up I have a dewalt but it should work just as well.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:32:44 pm »
Harbor freight has a smaller dust collector thats on rollers for about 150.

Offline Swampy

• Swampy scrolls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
Hi,
Here`s a link to a post i made to the UK scrollsaw forum regarding dust extraction on my EX30 scrollsaw, its quite a neat mod and is much better than the standard set up. In my other posts about the Bouncy Castle Blower Dust Extractor it explains how i did the project (you can also use any extractor with a 100mm port.
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post1136759.html#p1136759
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/workshop-hacks-t102950.html

Cheers
Brian

That is a brilliant solution Claymore! I'm now on the hunt for one of those...

Swampy
Gotta go walk my Iguana, who like most of us here in Florida, is an invasive species...

Claymore

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:34:53 pm »
I have a pieced together dust control system very similar to the new Scrollnado, which takes the dust away right by the hole, both at the top and bottom of the table.  Works very well with my Fein vacuum.  They are quite pricey...around $400, and even they don't last forever.  I've been scrolling for about 15 years, and am on my third vacuum. 

I use my saw many hours a day, but don't have the vac hooked in with the saw.  As was stated, the constant on-off really shortens the life of the vac, and at that price, I don't want anything to shorten it!
Nancy

Hi Nancy,
Do you have any pictures of your solution for the EX30 dust extraction?

Thanks
Brian :)

SMF

Teknoromi